SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27435
    I don't understand the lack-of-love for 513s, particularly when it's got a lovely BRW neck.

Took quite a while for me to shift mine, and then one day it just went - though I ended up taking a part-cash, part-p/ex deal (a p/ex that I'm quite happy with).  I sold mine only because (a) it was a bit too heavy and (b) I didn't fancy having £3k of PRS sat around, waiting for one ding to turn it into a £2k PRS. 

Still think they're great guitars, just don't understand why these don't get more appreciation.  

Stick with it ...
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4722
    edited July 2021
    TTony said:
    I don't understand the lack-of-love for 513s, particularly when it's got a lovely BRW neck.

Still think they're great guitars, just don't understand why these don't get more appreciation.  

Stick with it ...
    From a playing perspective, the 13 pickup positions from the 5 pickups (hence 513, for those unfamiliar with this excellent guitar) gives you a ton of versatility and I had great fun when I tried one, and these things play beautifully. But it took me a while to figure all the switching - and for me I found there was just too much to think about, and then I found a few favourite tones and they were pretty much akin to the Cu24, which is what I ended up buying.  The other thing is the pickups aesthetics are a bit 'Marmite' - folk tend to love or hate the look...if I'm honest I'm probably a bit more in the latter camp.  So, BRW aside, I suspect that these are possibly the two reasons why there may be less love for the 513 than say a Custom 22/24.  But these are great guitars and there are true 513 aficionados out there that love them, and this one looks stonking, so I think it's just about being patient and waiting for the right buyer at the right time.     
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • BensonBenson Frets: 242
    Thanks folks for the positive comments, I agree with all the points raised. The looks of the pickups are indeed a little subjective but they’re so versatile you soon learn to love the aesthetic. I don’t really need to sell it and I’m not much of an impulse buyer so trades usually aren’t tempting. I guess I’ll keep plugging away and one day it’ll go.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2082
    Benson said:
    Thanks folks for the positive comments, I agree with all the points raised. The looks of the pickups are indeed a little subjective but they’re so versatile you soon learn to love the aesthetic. I don’t really need to sell it and I’m not much of an impulse buyer so trades usually aren’t tempting. I guess I’ll keep plugging away and one day it’ll go.
    I agree but I can’t say it bothered me at all when buying, …I’ve almost come to prefer the PUP setup…I’m not a fan of standard the standard chrome look…I’d go for zebra style where possible.

Ive also found a couple of preferred sounds with the configuration….but overall I just find it so easy to play.

Maybe do a short YT review thing ?

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Bump
  • Can you make some pictures with the back of the guitar showing the full neck? Doesn't "solid Brazilian Rosewood Neck" mean all of it, including fretboard, made of brw? Why does the fretboard look different?
    Can you make some pictures with the back of the guitar showing the full neck? Doesn't "solid Brazilian Rosewood Neck" mean all of it, including fretboard, made of brw? Why does the fretboard look different?
    Fretboards are typically separate I believe, solid rosewood (either BRW or IRW) refers to the neck and doesn’t imply neck and fretboard are necessarily one piece although I’m sure they could be. Hope this clarifies.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6674
    Can you make some pictures with the back of the guitar showing the full neck? Doesn't "solid Brazilian Rosewood Neck" mean all of it, including fretboard, made of brw? Why does the fretboard look different?
    Fretboard can be Rosewood and separate. It will look different because the back of the neck will be finished in a similar way to the body and headstock. You wouldn't want the fingerboard to be finished the same as the body, would you? 
    Bump
  • Can you make some pictures with the back of the guitar showing the full neck? Doesn't "solid Brazilian Rosewood Neck" mean all of it, including fretboard, made of brw? Why does the fretboard look different?
    It’s not a 1-pc neck like a maple Fender or similar, else it would have a skunk stripe on the back and/or need to be resawn and glued like a G&L
    Bumpty bump
    Spooky bump
    Bump
    Bump
    Bump
  • I had one of these - neck felt fantastic
    wellsyboy said:
    I had one of these - neck felt fantastic
    It’s a beauty for sure, supremely comfortable, effortless string bends, it truly does play like buttah :)
    Bump
    Bump
    Bump