Point me in the direction of a guide to Pick-up/Wiring Loom replacements for a Les Paul

not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
It'll be the first time I've attempted this, but as it's not on my main gigging guitar I'm keen to give it a go rather than drop it into a local tech.

I've got a loom on the way from shugzlooms (his last clearout I believe) and next month I should be going ahead and ordering some new pick-ups.

So please point me in the direction of an easy to follow (i.e. lots of photos) guide to getting the old stuff out of my guitar and the new stuff in and working.

Thanks!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    IIRC AxesRUs have wiring diagrams on their website.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5108
    edited June 2014
    Desolder pickups, remove knobs, remove pot nuts, remove harness. Fit new harness, replace knobs, resolder pickups. Job done.

On a more serious note... Just google it and I'm sure there will be lots of pics, diagrams and youtube videos to choose from.  
    :)
    260+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    On a more serious note... Just google it and I'm sure there will be lots of pics, diagrams and youtube videos to choose from.  
    :)
    yeah I've been googling and watched a few youtube clips....I just trust you guys on here more than a random website!
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    Axtec has good diagrams on the site
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10340
    Seymour duncans website has more diagrams than you can shake a stick at
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 4065
    When I was starting out with some wiring, I took a "before" photo before I started.