Cornish question

What's Hot
allicioallicio Frets: 221
Ive always wondered...
The labels on the front of Cornish pedals, are they stickers of some description?
I noticed when they crop up for sale they sometimes have a serial number somebody's name on. But I wouldn't want to buy a pedal with somebody else's name on the front.
Are the labels removable?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    I don't Kernow - but that's a Cornish answer for you ;)
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 10087
    edited June 2014
    Yes mate, they are simple labels that will peel off. They look similar to those made on a label maker...

http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/q493/Warren3333/Pete Cornish/P1030157.jpg

• WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 10087
    Which models you looking at... PM (or Gassage) if you want any opinions on the ones ive tried...
  • allicioallicio Frets: 221
    Cheers warren. It was just a general musing after seeing your for sale as. The labels looked laqured over in the photos ive seen so I just wondered. Cheers again!
  • randomhandclapsrandomhandclaps Frets: 20521
    edited June 2014
    Be aware though that there was a long debate on TGP about the effect removing the label made to your tone.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 31586
    Note: my labels have a wider font as only five letters in my first name and surname, Warren's are closer due to the number of letters in the name.

It's absolutely true that the Cornish pedals with the wider font have more sustain, and slightly great separation.

Deffo more compression with the narrower font pedals though.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• Gassage;260675" said:
    Note: my labels have a wider font as only five letters in my first name and surname, Warren's are closer due to the number of letters in the name.

It's absolutely true that the Cornish pedals with the wider font have more sustain, and slightly great separation.

Deffo more compression with the narrower font pedals though.
    I'd want mine to be tall and narrow, more compression and an aggressive sparkle at the top.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 34308
    Some indie builder should do the 'pasty fuzz'.