Levinson Blade

What's Hot
prowlaprowla Frets: 5008
Well, I picked up this Levinson Blade one the weekend.

But I've had a neck lying around for a while.

I had been thinking of making up a partscaster using the neck and even put it on a Warman body I picked up at a show, but it wasn't quite right and I didn't finish the project.

So I put them side-by-side.

And I decided to can the partscaster and put the neck on the Blade proper.

Ah, that's nice!

Now, I've just got to put back its original pickup (which I got with it) and do a setup (the other neck was really well done!).

I guess the other neck is destined for the bottom of a wardrobe...
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• prowlaprowla Frets: 5008
    Incidentally the fitting of both necks was sublime - they were the exact fit for the neck pocket (at first I thought it wasn't going to go, but it had to be precisely aligned and glided into place) and the screw holes matched exactly; I have to say that is really impressive.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73033
    The build quality on Blades has always been exceptional.

I have to say I've always hated that non-Fender headstock though - I know the 'proper' one is a Fender trademark, but surely they could have come up with something non-Fender that wasn't *quite* so ugly...

Much better now. Also, what lunatic puts a rails pickup in the *middle* on a Strat? :)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    edited February 2020
    ICBM said:
    The build quality on Blades has always been exceptional.

I have to say I've always hated that non-Fender headstock though - I know the 'proper' one is a Fender trademark, but surely they could have come up with something non-Fender that wasn't *quite* so ugly...

Much better now. Also, what lunatic puts a rails pickup in the *middle* on a Strat?

Yes, really exceptional!

About the pickup, I know; it jars a bit and it's not the finest pickup I've seen either...

Still, I did get him to give me the original one too, so that'll be going on real soon.

The rails one will find its way onto something else (maybe a mandolin/guitar project I'm about to finally get a bridge for).
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Right - it's got the neck on and the original pickup reinstated.

2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • WillieWillie Frets: 2
    I had a R4 Blade in surf green with the active system. It was a really good guitar. I must have a user guide somewhere, I will scan it and put here  for thw community if I find it.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom