New Tele Thinline body coming.A bit Scared..lol

What's Hot
KevSKevS Frets: 512
edited March 2020 in Making & Modding
I have an American Special Telecaster and it weighs a ton..
I swear it is more than my Les Pauls..
My other Tele isn't that heavy..
I need something lighter,the thing is doing me in and it's putting me off playing it...
So I thought,a Tele Thinline is Semi Hollow,so hopefully lighter..
So I have just ordered a body in clear poly natural swamp ash from North West Guitars.
Plus some string ferrules for the body..
I have ordered a white pearloid single coil style style scratchplate from another site in Glasgow on Ebay..

I've never bought a guitar body before..I just hope it sounds good,
I have swapped over bodies as an experiment,but most seemed less resonant somehow,probably more by chance that one..

I have put Fender Original Vintage 50 s Tele Pick ups in the present guitar,so they will be going in the Thinline..
I don't like the Texas Special Tele Pickups,it seems I am a Flat Pole Tele Fan..
I have the traditional old style ashtray bridge,,it says that will fit..

I don't know if the electrics will drop into the scratchplate or I will have to do any soldering..

Putting the string ferrules in could be problematic  too..

Other stuff like earthing complications how to get the earth wire to the bridge,
I guess that will be on there anyway..
Will I have to find a way to drill a hole from the electrics cavity to the bridge..
I only have a Dremel type thing.. 

I am thinking.. ARGGHH!! So much could go wrong...

Don't Panic !! Don't Panic Captain Mainwaring !! .

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3098
    edited March 2020
    Chances are the bridge plate will fit, the earth lead hole to the bridge should be there, the earth wire can follow the same route as the pickup wires, you will have to do some soldering, no avoiding that, but your electrics should swap over.....string ferrules should push in with a few gentle taps with a hammer, use something between the hammer and the ferrule to avoid damaging the finish...it will be fine, if you get stuck take a photo and ask on here...
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12721
    Its a Tele.

Why do you need a separate bridge earth? It will earth through the bridge pickup reflector plate...
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Haven't played a thinline tele but I like the sound they make, should be good.

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6414
    Ferrules + hammer + tap-tap - sorted !
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback