Irn Bru

What's Hot

Comments

• hungrymarkhungrymark Frets: 1782
    There's very limited evidence that sunset yellow and ponceau cause any problems.
    Use Your Brian
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10884
    edited June 2014
    The best advert they've done,

Fiery Irn Bru.

Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74391
    There's very limited evidence that sunset yellow and ponceau cause any problems.
    I'll bear that in mind next time I'm lying on a bench gasping for breath and wondering if I should try to get someone to call an ambulance.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    breakstuff;265720" said:
    The best advert they've done,

Fiery Irn Bru.

That was a tasty beverage. I wish they'd do another run.
    My V key is broken
    ICBM said:
    I'll bear that in mind next time I'm lying on a bench gasping for breath and wondering if I should try to get someone to call an ambulance.
    How do you know it was the Irn Bru? I mean, I'm sorry for your scare and I didn't mean to belittle it - it must have been terrifying - but correlation doesn't equal causation.
    Use Your Brian
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74391
    hungrymark said:How do you know it was the Irn Bru? I mean, I'm sorry for your scare and I didn't mean to belittle it - it must have been terrifying - but correlation doesn't equal causation.
    It does when you've had the same type of result from many different things with this type of food colouring in. Just not as serious as with the Irn Bru - in fact, it was the Irn Bru that really confirmed for me that it was definitely the cause, because it hadn't been as clear-cut before.

No offence taken - but I think a lot of people who don't experience this type of reaction just don't realise how pervasive and how potentially dangerous - and how unnecessary, for that matter - these types of synthetic food dyes are, and how irresponsible it is to put them in products specifically marketed at children. Including medicines. Many of them are banned in other countries, and I'm quite sure that wouldn't be the case if there wasn't a robust causal link established, given the strength of the industrial food lobby.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

Well, fair enough, it's not for me to tell you what you should or shouldn't eat. Be safe :)
    Use Your Brian
  • imaloneimalone Frets: 748
    ICBM said:
    hungrymark said:How do you know it was the Irn Bru? I mean, I'm sorry for your scare and I didn't mean to belittle it - it must have been terrifying - but correlation doesn't equal causation.
    It does when you've had the same type of result from many different things with this type of food colouring in. Just not as serious as with the Irn Bru - in fact, it was the Irn Bru that really confirmed for me that it was definitely the cause, because it hadn't been as clear-cut before.

No offence taken - but I think a lot of people who don't experience this type of reaction just don't realise how pervasive and how potentially dangerous - and how unnecessary, for that matter - these types of synthetic food dyes are, and how irresponsible it is to put them in products specifically marketed at children. Including medicines. Many of them are banned in other countries, and I'm quite sure that wouldn't be the case if there wasn't a robust causal link established, given the strength of the industrial food lobby.
    Pah, European red tape...
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    I'm going to have a can of this later I think.
    My V key is broken
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3845
    When my son was younger he got bouts of worryingly unexplained stomach pains, so much so he was sent to the hospital for tests, MRI etc.

Turned out he had been buying and drinking Iron brew.

Stopped the Iron Brew, problem solved.

I wouldn't touch the stuff. 
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4468
    edited December 2015
    :D

I just had a can. Too much and I can feel my teeth rot but like Bananaman and his bananas, Irn Bru gives Scots power. I literally feel like my batteries have been re-charged. 
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7401
    In my day, you could only ever buy TIZER in big bottles at the chip shoppe.... as a result, I was always far tooo excited to get my hands on a TIZER that I never had any interest in the Scotts equivalent!
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

I just had a can. Too much and I can feel my teeth rot but like Bananaman and his bananas, Irn Bru gives Scots power. I literally feel like my batteries have been re-charged. 
    Yep, but then you wasted it all hunting down an 18-month old thread!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • :)

Tizer!
    A chippy isn't complete without a pickled onions and a bottle of tizer!
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28389
    Deijavoo said:
    Not only do they make the greatest liquid known to mankind they also deserve Oscars for their adverts. 
    The drink is 'OK' at best if you ask me. 

I dont generally do adverts, but I do have a vague recollection of seeing an Irn bru one last year and thinking it the worst ad I'd ever seen in my whole life. Some bloke taking a dump on a loo in a plane, ending up on the floor. I specifically remember as it was SO bad, I just thought how the hell do they think that will sell their product???
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3307
    axisus said:
    Deijavoo said:
    Not only do they make the greatest liquid known to mankind they also deserve Oscars for their adverts. 
    The drink is 'OK' at best if you ask me. 

I dont generally do adverts, but I do have a vague recollection of seeing an Irn bru one last year and thinking it the worst ad I'd ever seen in my whole life. Some bloke taking a dump on a loo in a plane, ending up on the floor. I specifically remember as it was SO bad, I just thought how the hell do they think that will sell their product???

I just laughed out loud recalling that very advert.
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11716
    edited December 2015
    This is the classic Irn Bru ad.  From the same era as the Robin Beck First Time Coke ads:

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4026
    A worthy year old bumped thread
  • Classed as one of your five a day in Scotland if I'm not mistaken.
    43% of Scottish infants are breastfed on it. 

• DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3307
    Classed as one of your five a day in Scotland if I'm not mistaken.
    43% of Scottish infants are breastfed on it. 

Modest figure that I reckon.