SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold- 2019 Fender Custom Shop '60 Strat Fiesta Red - £2,500

What's Hot
chris78chris78 Frets: 9938
edited March 2020 in Guitars £
This is @tomajoha's guitar that was sold to me by @fendermadlewis in August 2019 and I believe originally came from Peach. I've attached @tomajoha's for sale thread which has got the pictures.
https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/162291/sold-2019-fender-custom-shop-1960-stratocaster-relic-fiesta-red#latest

The spec is:
Relic Fiesta Red - one of the best relic job's I've ever seen on a CS guitar
65 c shape neck
AAA Dark (and I mean dark) Rosewood slab board
7.25-9.5 compound radius
6100 frets

The one thing I hated on the guitar originally (as did Lewis) was the John Cruz pickups. They're not well regarded and I understand why. They really roared as they were overwound, but they didn't sound at all stratty. They've gone and I sold them here and replaced them with Klein Epic 59 Strat pickups. https://www.kleinpickups.com/p-154-1959-epic-series-stratocaster-pickups.aspx The Kleins are perfect and I was tempted to take them out so I can use them in another guitar, but by it doesn't seem worth it and they literally transformed this guitar into something that sounds just like a great vintage Strat.

So, its beautiful, its in one of the best custom colours, it's very highly specced, its about a year old and cost almost £3,500. What's not to like! I might have second thoughts, but I'm currently gassing for another custom shop artisan Strat I've seen. If the artisan goes, this gets withdrawn.

I'll post this by secure courier or collection welcome from Chatham, Kent. I'm not interested in trades at this time, thanks.
2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• tomajohatomajoha Frets: 928
    Have a ‘that’s my shoe In the photo’ bump
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5263
    That’s a beauty...The guitar not the shoe... =)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tomajohatomajoha Frets: 928
    @tone1 shoes don’t have original laces - would that be a deal breaker?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 9938
    tone1 said:
    That’s a beauty...The guitar not the shoe... =)
    I think his shoes are ok too ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I’d say this one looks a lot like Gary Moore’s strat that the custom shop reissued for daft money?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LPManicLPManic Frets: 1152
    Did this guitar sell? Just checking as I am looking for a CS strat in fiesta red. This came up in a search.
    @LPManic yes it’s gone
    Id love it back! Great strat
  • mankytommankytom Frets: 290
    Old thread resurrection but… my wife bought this for me for my 40th before I really knew about this place. And it is lovely. So thank you to the previous custodians. And it’s back with a forum member!!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • thebreezethebreeze Frets: 2820
    Mrs M has class.
    mankytom said:
    Old thread resurrection but… my wife bought this for me for my 40th before I really knew about this place. And it is lovely. So thank you to the previous custodians. And it’s back with a forum member!!
    Congrats. I’m sure as a 40th that makes it a keeper. Was a really great guitar, especially with the kleins
  • mankytommankytom Frets: 290
    chris78 said:
    mankytom said:
    Congrats. I’m sure as a 40th that makes it a keeper. Was a really great guitar, especially with the kleins
    It does. I couldn’t move it on now. That middle pickup is especially special. Makes it for me. Was a good decision to put that set in. And the fretboard!!
  • Man, that is/was lovely................. 
  • mankytom said:
    chris78 said:
    mankytom said:
    It does. I couldn’t move it on now. That middle pickup is especially special. Makes it for me. Was a good decision to put that set in. And the fretboard!!
    Well, if you ever change your mind…