PSA - Bogner Ecstacy 3534 - IN STOCK!

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    XTC is a monster amp. My new Synergy XTC and Ubershall modules are outstanding and that’s from a previous XTC owner :) 
    Almost tempted to go down the Synergy route, still to hear any demos of the new Bogner modules that wow me though
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • John_A said:
    XTC is a monster amp. My new Synergy XTC and Ubershall modules are outstanding and that’s from a previous XTC owner :) 
    Almost tempted to go down the Synergy route, still to hear any demos of the new Bogner modules that wow me though
    Most of the demos are poor and don’t showcase how good they really are. 

So many of them playing through Torpedo or OX Box and I’m not a fan of that. Cab in the room is where it’s at via a good poweramp 
  • Bennyboy-UKBennyboy-UK Frets: 1722
    I was thinking the same - the Synergy system looks soooo good - and I'd love to know how the new modules sound properly - and yeah, the demos so far are not great :/ 
    I'm always looking for interesting USA Hamers for sale.

At the moment I'm looking for:
    * Hamer Watson, SS2, Vintage S, T62.
    * Music Man Luke 1, Luke II

Please drop me a message.
  • I was thinking the same - the Synergy system looks soooo good - and I'd love to know how the new modules sound properly - and yeah, the demos so far are not great :/ 
    They’re great. I bought the Vai module then the two Bogner modules 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • EpsilonEpsilon Frets: 614
    Interested to hear thoughts of Ecstacy 3534 owners who also have experience of the Goldfinger or Atma. I've owned the Atma before and my main amp at the moment is a Goldinger 45.

I liked the Atma a lot but sold it in favour of the Goldfinger on the strength of the clean channel. Goldfinger sounds fantastic for medium-high gain but I wish it could get slightly more tight and aggressive sounding in 80s mode if I want to get into really high gain territory (I had similar thoughts on the Atma). I use an Uberschall to boost it which does the job nicely. Trouble is the GF is so huge! I don't really have space for multiple amps so I need something that can do it all.

I do notice that the effects loop colours the sound and introduces a small amount of noise on the GF. This seems to be a common complaint about Bogner amps generally, and from what Chris said above it seems the same applies to the new Ecstacy.

So, questions I guess are

1) How does the clean sound compare to the GF?
    2) How far will the amp get into modern high gain territory?
    3) Will it still do a convincing Marshall-esque medium gain sound, such as the GF 69 mode or the Atma 60s/70s modes?
    4) How noisy is the loop?
  • spirit7spirit7 Frets: 338
    I'd also be interested in people's views of this amp vs its bigger XTC cousins (I have a 20th).
  • CHrisP86CHrisP86 Frets: 360
    I've had an Atma and a GF45.

1 - I didn't use either clean channel much but I recall them being similar.  GF is probably cleaner as you can get a bit of hair on the Ecstasy with the gain on full.

2 - The red channel is pretty aggressive and has stupid amounts of gain.  I'd say it would cover most styles.

3 - In my opinion, not really.  The 3534 blue channel always feels like it has too much gain for that kind of sound.  I've got close by rolling the guitar volume back but I miss the Atman 70's mode for that big, bright and open medium gain sound.

4 - Not noticeable when you are playing, even at house volume.
  • newi123newi123 Frets: 860
    So one popped up in stock again this week, so I ordered it. Should be here early next week. Very much looking forward to this! :-)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CHrisP86CHrisP86 Frets: 360
    Nice! I’ve been missing this amp and always tempted to go for another one when they appear back in stock.
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2891
    edited February 2021
    I was thinking the same - the Synergy system looks soooo good - and I'd love to know how the new modules sound properly - and yeah, the demos so far are not great  
    Leon Todd has a pretty good run through of some of the modules, they sound good to me! Love the idea of Synergy, just expensive to get started. Seems like a good solution to that amp that everyone on forums wants - Fender cleans with heavier or Marshally drive channels. I'd go for the 800 or BE and XTC or Uber I reckon. 
  • FortheloveofguitarFortheloveofguitar Frets: 4290
    edited February 2021
    TTBZ said:
    I was thinking the same - the Synergy system looks soooo good - and I'd love to know how the new modules sound properly - and yeah, the demos so far are not great  
    Leon Todd has a pretty good run through of some of the modules, they sound good to me! Love the idea of Synergy, just expensive to get started. Seems like a good solution to that amp that everyone on forums wants - Fender cleans with heavier or Marshally drive channels. I'd go for the 800 or BE and XTC or Uber I reckon. 
    I’ve got both the Uber and the XTC Synergy modules. They are outstanding 
  • newi123newi123 Frets: 860
    Well, that sounds pretty epic. First high gain amp I`ve had since an original peavey 2x12 5150 back in the early 2000s. Going to be great fun! 
  • danbandanban Frets: 343
    newi123 said:
    So one popped up in stock again this week, so I ordered it. Should be here early next week. Very much looking forward to this! :-)
    Let us know how it goes and what you think of it as I’m torn between this and the BadCat Lynx x 40 head.