Mono gig bag for a big Gretsch?

What's Hot
StuartMac290StuartMac290 Frets: 1550
Anyone know what model of Mono gig bag works best for a Country Club with a Bigsby? The dreadnought one, perhaps?

Also, is the Bigsby an issue for Mono gig bags?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 74396
    The dreadnought one is huge, much too loose a fit.

They do a 335-size one. I had one which fitted my Rickenbacker 381 well, and that’s a lot deeper than a 335 with a very high bridge, so I don’t think the Bigsby will be an issue - with the arm swung backwards they don’t stick up any further than the bridge. Unfortunately I don’t have it now or you could borrow it to try.

They do an OM/classical size one as well, which is slightly bigger, but still nowhere near the dreadnought size.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• StuartMac290StuartMac290 Frets: 1550
    ICBM said:
    The dreadnought one is huge, much too loose a fit.

They do a 335-size one. I had one which fitted my Rickenbacker 381 well, and that’s a lot deeper than a 335 with a very high bridge, so I don’t think the Bigsby will be an issue - with the arm swung backwards they don’t stick up any further than the bridge. Unfortunately I don’t have it now or you could borrow it to try.

They do an OM/classical size one as well, which is slightly bigger, but still nowhere near the dreadnought size.
    I think I'll need to try it - the dreadnought one is only 16" at the lower bout, whereas the Country Club is 17"! I actually thought I might have to go for the Jumbo one!
  • I cart my Electromatic 5420 with bigsby  around in a CNB 335 gig bag I got from Strings Direct. It's well made and fits
    very well. You can normally pick one up for under £50.   
  • mburekengemburekenge Frets: 1101
    I'm in the same boat with my white falcon. I'm looking currently. Although the reunion blues hollow is wide enough, the mighty falcon is too long
    I cart my Electromatic 5420 with bigsby  around in a CNB 335 gig bag I got from Strings Direct. It's well made and fits
    very well. You can normally pick one up for under £50.   
    That's quite a bit smaller, unfortunately. The Country Club is Falcon-sized
    I'm in the same boat with my white falcon. I'm looking currently. Although the reunion blues hollow is wide enough, the mighty falcon is too long
    Hmmmmm. My wife is a Gretsch endorsee, I'll maybe get in touch with her guy there and see what they recommend.
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Hmmmmm. My wife is a Gretsch endorsee, I'll maybe get in touch with her guy there and see what they recommend.
    That would be great! Cheers.
  • Been looking for a gig bag for my 6122-12 for 3 years , not found one yet
    Ok, so for anything White Falcon or Country Club size the recommended gig bag is the Mono Classic Jumbo Acoustic. Apparently.

https://monocreators.com/products/classic-jumbo-acoustic-guitar-case-black
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • comedy pricing though 
    Thanks @StuartMac290 looks like reunion blues dont have a jumbo case any more so it'll have to be this!
  • JackobeanJackobean Frets: 678
    I baulked at the price for my Mono bags, but frankly, nothing else comes close.
    Jackobean said:
    I baulked at the price for my Mono bags, but frankly, nothing else comes close.
    She has them in Hiscox Artist cases just now but they weigh a tonne! Just need something for when we're scooting around London