20% off *everthing* at Guitar Village

What's Hot

Comments

• RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11873
    Bah, last month i would have so bought this, it's "only" £585, but it would be irresponsible to buy a guitar these days.

https://guitarvillage.co.uk/products/fender-vintera-50s-stratocaster-sonic-blue-maple
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Phil_CPhil_C Frets: 252
    RaymondLin said:
    Bah, last month i would have so bought this, it's "only" £585, but it would be irresponsible to buy a guitar these days.

https://guitarvillage.co.uk/products/fender-vintera-50s-stratocaster-sonic-blue-maple

That's gorgeous!

I agree with you though. The current times are volatile and unstable. Possibly buying items of high extravagance would be a tad irresponsible depending on what side of the financial fence you're sitting on.

I'm in the same boat. I was meant to be getting married in September, which is more likely to now be next year. So I could buy some gear but I probably won't.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11873
    Phil_C said:
    RaymondLin said:

That's gorgeous!

I agree with you though. The current times are volatile and unstable. Possibly buying items of high extravagance would be a tad irresponsible depending on what side of the financial fence you're sitting on.

I'm in the same boat. I was meant to be getting married in September, which is more likely to now be next year. So I could buy some gear but I probably won't.

I have the funds but since I got furloughed...eating into my savings for a guitar is wrong...but I am watching Andertons videos on them now....
  • rze99rze99 Frets: 2281

I see things I like.

And this is just the start... could be 35% off Andertons or Guitar Guitar next...  all depends on any financial cushion you may or may not have as to whether you take the gamble.

We could be in a recession for 10 years if this goes on 6 months ... or rebound madly in 12 months if it is 2 months - who the hell knows?

Either way I would probably rather buy from a gigging musician to help them with cash flow right now. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3445
    laughing my arse off at that Corvus they have in the pre-owned section. Gibson created a futuristic body shape that's really out there and what they do they put on it: mahogany body, maple neck, two humbuckers, 3 way switch, vol/tone knobs and a fixed bridge. Well done Gibson, really pushing the boat out in innovation.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22775
    carlos said:
    laughing my arse off at that Corvus they have in the pre-owned section. Gibson created a futuristic body shape that's really out there and what they do they put on it: mahogany body, maple neck, two humbuckers, 3 way switch, vol/tone knobs and a fixed bridge. Well done Gibson, really pushing the boat out in innovation.
    Oooh... I like it.  It's probably a terrible guitar, but I've always wanted a Corvus.  The only thing is, you feel like they should cost about a hundred quid but they don't.

Anyway, I keep getting these offer emails from all the guitar shops, and I'm sure there are some great bargains and I'd like to do my bit to help keep them in business... but buying guitars is the last thing on my mind right now.
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11446
    The only things I want at the moment are an Atkin acoustic, and a Fender acoustasonic - neither of which are in stock.
  • crunchman said:
    The only things I want at the moment are an Atkin acoustic, and a Fender acoustasonic - neither of which are in stock.
    I think there's quite a bit of "hidden out the back until the sale is over" going on here, given so much of their pre-owned stock that's been there for at least the last year has suddenly gone missing.
  • allenallen Frets: 707
    Is this a bargain or not? 

https://guitarvillage.co.uk/products/gibson-custom-shop-1959-les-paul-standard-vos-psl-dirty-lemon

£3199

I may have just bought it, but now slightly worried.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11446
    allen said:

https://guitarvillage.co.uk/products/gibson-custom-shop-1959-les-paul-standard-vos-psl-dirty-lemon

£3199

That is a bargain.  You could probably get that back second hand.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • johnljohnl Frets: 2011
    edited March 2020
    carlos said:
    The Corvus was going to be headless. The straight line at the rear is where the tuners would have been. Gibsons marketing team got involved and insisted it wouldnt sell without a headstock hence the slightly disjointed result.
    0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22775
    Philly_Q said:
    carlos said:
    Oooh... I like it.  It's probably a terrible guitar, but I've always wanted a Corvus.  The only thing is, you feel like they should cost about a hundred quid but they don't.

Incidentally, what the hell are "Seymour Duncan Shin & TEHG-R Humbucker Pickups"?  Presumably the "Shin" is an SH-1N '59 neck, but what's the other one?
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4140
    Bit rich for my wallet
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    Lord give me the strength I need
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    johnl said:
    carlos said:
    The Corvus was going to be headless. The straight line at the rear is where the tuners would have been. Gibsons marketing team got involved and insisted it wouldnt sell without a headstock hence the slightly disjointed rssult.
    That makes sense and that's what it should be with that kind of body shape.
    Philly_Q said:
    carlos said:
    It looks really cheap and I'd buy it as a curiosity. For £800 I can get a really good guitar s/h
  • VJIvesVJIves Frets: 466
    Was about to grab a Bass VI and use the money saved to get the corresponding Staytrem bridge...but Guitar Village don't take Paypal, so that's that.
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16665
    johnl said:
    carlos said:
    The Corvus was going to be headless. The straight line at the rear is where the tuners would have been. Gibsons marketing team got involved and insisted it wouldnt sell without a headstock hence the slightly disjointed rssult.

carlos said:
    Is that a fact?

Reason I ask was because I remember speculating about it online about 15 years ago.  I suggested that it would make a great headless, some people then made some like it.... I drew some designs but never got around to making mine.

I have never seen any actual proof I was right, so I kinda hope it's a rumour started by my idle speculation :D 
  • Shark_EyesShark_Eyes Frets: 377
    I succumbed to the squire thinline Tele, as I've been thinking about one for about two years. Going to put a mini-humbucker in the neck.

Very nearly bought the seafoam green mustang bass but thankfully it'd gone by the end of the day.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14216
    tFB Trader
    crunchman said:
    allen said:

£3199

That is a bargain.  You could probably get that back second hand.
    I would agree - many nice used R9's for a similar price and more