Post-Lockdown pedal building

What's Hot

Comments

• I'm loving that Llama. I may need to get some nameplates made up. 

I also seriously need to get some circuits made up for my fancy custom boxes I got a while back. You guys are making me look bad!!
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • euaneuan Frets: 1497
    edited December 2021

Postman arrived with the all important transistor that took 10 days to travel 48 miles. 

Broadcast clone, named after the sound my cat makes whenever she enters the room and wants to announce her presence. 
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • That looks great. What is it? Broadcast? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited December 2021
    Ninja edit wasn’t fast enough. Yeah

• euan said:

Postman arrived with the all important transistor that took 10 days to travel 48 miles. 

Broadcast clone, named after the sound my cat makes whenever she enters the room and wants to announce her presence. 
    Nice was this a PCB ? Was that a difficult build ? 

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

• robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    The broadcast is my favorite fuzz circuit
    Cookiemonster said:

Yeah a GuitarPCB one, before the did the 125B version.

Most of the difficulty is finding all the parts for the 18V version, honestly I'd just skip it and run it 9V. Cramped around the transistors and wiring is a bit of a bore but not properly difficult.

Didn't have a 330n for the input cap so used a 220 instead. Probably a bit brighter than an actual Broadcast but I don't think thats a bad thing.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2286
    euan said:
    Cookiemonster said:

Most of the difficulty is finding all the parts for the 18V version, honestly I'd just skip it and run it 9V. Cramped around the transistors and wiring is a bit of a bore but not properly difficult.

Didn't have a 330n for the input cap so used a 220 instead. Probably a bit brighter than an actual Broadcast but I don't think thats a bad thing.
    Is there room for a battery between the foot switches? Asking for a friend…
  • euan said:
    Cookiemonster said:

I take it the 18v just gives a bit more headroom. 

Looks like a great build. I will definitely look into getting a board

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

Keefy said:

If you drill your own enclosure and make the footswitches further apart then yeah there would be.
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2286
    euan said:
    Keefy said:

If you drill your own enclosure and make the footswitches further apart then yeah there would be.

Cheers ;) 
  • Alex2678Alex2678 Frets: 1145
    Does anyone know where or how I could find enclosures that are in two pieces like the Tc ‘smorgasbord’ ones? One piece is the front, top and bottom and the other is the back and sides?
    Fuzzdog magnavibe clone, they call it the magic vibes, supposed to sound like a magnatone amp’s vibrato. Sounds bloody lovely either way
    edited January 2022
    Just ordered a PedalPCB DOD Carcosa clone kit from Musikding https://www.musikding.de/Carcass-Fuzz-kit

Musikding kits are great and shipping from Germany is very reasonable

I have a factory Carcosa on my board and I love it but the labels are a bit hard to read. This is kind of a sledgehammer/nut solution but I do like populating my board with my own builds, and I kind of want to know what the circuit does because it's a mystery to me at the moment. So building one will be an opportunity to study the circuit

The Carcosa is infinitely tweakable and signal chain agnostic. I think every modern fuzz should be designed to play nicely with buffers

I've had this hoof reaper ready to test for a couple of months but I just can't seem to get around to it. Maybe tomorrow. This one needs to see the pickup so it is of limited practical use to me, but I thought it would be a good swiss army knife for writing and practicing, and recording obviously

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Recently I've been a bit disillusioned with pedals so this has been sitting unbuilt for a while. Finally got round to it though, and I think it was worthwhile. Catalinbread Germanium Karma Suture (Fuzzdog Kismet Stitch kit). 

Need to have a proper play but there's quite a lot of sounds in there. 

Built a fuzzdog lunar shot (shoot the moon) tremolo. Really like it, replaced my trelicopter. Might try a different pot for the speed, it’s very slow until the last bit of the travel
    @Alex2678 that looks cool, how did you get the letters on there?
    roberty said:
    @Alex2678 that looks cool, how did you get the letters on there?
    Stamps, got some rubber stamps and a StazOn ink pad, works on metal and paint 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7771
    Recently I've been a bit disillusioned with pedals so this has been sitting unbuilt for a while. Finally got round to it though, and I think it was worthwhile. Catalinbread Germanium Karma Suture (Fuzzdog Kismet Stitch kit). 

I love mine, most versatile I've come across. You can get thick and bloated, thinner and focused and it sounds great with the guitar volume rolled just past clean.
  • Recently I've been a bit disillusioned with pedals so this has been sitting unbuilt for a while. Finally got round to it though, and I think it was worthwhile. Catalinbread Germanium Karma Suture (Fuzzdog Kismet Stitch kit). 

I love mine, most versatile I've come across. You can get thick and bloated, thinner and focused and it sounds great with the guitar volume rolled just past clean.
    I really like it. It's the odd combination of a circuit that's actually different, actually usable, and actually quite versatile.