This has been a minor annoyance for some time....

What's Hot
I've lived with this for ages, but I've finally got around to putting up a post about it, in case someone else has experienced it.

I'm running Firefox. It's always the latest, but this happens with pretty much any version. This never happens in Windows, only Linux which is my daily driver. It happens in both Ubuntu and Mint. It's only this forum it happens on, although I haven't tried it on any other Vanilla-based forum. Firefox has four extensions enabled: uBlock Origin; Privacy Badger; CanvasBlocker; and WebRTC. The same happens with any combination of these extensions enabled or disabled.

If I use a combination of the SHIFT and CTRL keys along with the L/R arrow keys to edit text, instead of selecting the word, it selects the whole line of text. That's it...nothing more exciting than that, but it's irritating that I can't use muscle-memory for editing text on this forum as I've ended up deleting large swathes of text when it should have been just one word. It ONLY happens in the main text editor block; when I create a new discussion, the Discussion Title can be edited in the normal way with SHIFT/CTRL and L/R arrows.

Any ideas?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26577
    I can reproduce it, but I've no idea why it's happening - it limited to Firefox, too (that key combination works fine in Chrome).

I can understand why it'd be bloody annoying, 'cos I use it all the time as well!

I may take a look at it if I get some time over the next couple of weeks. Or you could use a real browser ;)
    <space for hire>
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3672
    Cheers, @digitalscream, I was certain it was Firefox on Linux that was the problem. I suppose I could use Chromium but I don't think I'm going to change daily workflow for a minor problem, even if it's for The Fretboard!

I'll leave it with you.
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24301
    That'll get filed in the bin.....

:lol: 
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3672
    I'm sure @digitalscream has better things to do. I can live with it.