Just bought another Bad Monkey

d8md8m Frets: 2434
Broke mine a few months ago in a mod gone wrong.

£21 new.....couldn't help it!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DannyPDannyP Frets: 1760
    ...and why not. Good purchase!

I've never owned a Bad Monkey. Tubescreamer with more tone control isn't it?
  • smudge_ladsmudge_lad Frets: 761
    I'm tempted, as looking for something to boost my other pedals with.

Where you get it for £21???
  • xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2962
    DannyP;264342" said:

Some say it's based on an old DOD pedal, but yeah it's TS-like I guess.

I got one a month ago along with a Screamin Blues. Amazon are doing em cheap.

The BM is very smooth if you use it as a standalone pedal, but does all the usual boost stuff into an amp set crunchy/ overdriven.

Controls for lo and hi tone.

• Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2460
    DannyP said:
    More or less, I think. The circuit is a bit more involved because of the active (?) bass control, and also some of the other values are a bit different too IIRC. But you can dial it in to sound more or less the same as a tubescreamer. Certainly I can dial in my joyo ts clone and BM to sound almost the same, at least when used as a boost.
  • d8md8m Frets: 2434
    I'm tempted, as looking for something to boost my other pedals with.

Where you get it for £21???
    They had one back in on amazon(sold by Amazon)

I've fancied one again for a while but the only other ones were dearer and some had like £5 postage.

I just happened to check today and got lucky!

• EdGripEdGrip Frets: 736
    I've got an itch to try one of the Digitech Hardwire Valve Distortion pedals soon. Not as cheap as the Bad Monkey, but they certainly sound tasty in all the videos.
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Bad Monkey's are awesomes.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6374
    EdGrip said:
    I've got an itch to try one of the Digitech Hardwire Valve Distortion pedals soon. Not as cheap as the Bad Monkey, but they certainly sound tasty in all the videos.
    I've got one of these and they are excellent, very smooth indeed and work particularly well with single coil pickups.
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • MPHMPH Frets: 56
    Skarloey said:
    DannyP;264342" said:

Some say it's based on an old DOD pedal, but yeah it's TS-like I guess.

I got one a month ago along with a Screamin Blues. Amazon are doing em cheap.

The BM is very smooth if you use it as a standalone pedal, but does all the usual boost stuff into an amp set crunchy/ overdriven.

Controls for lo and hi tone.

I think it is based on the DOD Juice Box.
  • siraxemansiraxeman Frets: 1935
    Sold my BM but it was a great great pedal...basically as said - a Tube Screamer for less money. But it does have a lot LESS volume output so if your using the level up and gain down to push an amp harder it will have less firepower to do that. But I always found it worked great with the DSL 50 on the clean channel with the crunch button in...kick in the BM and it was an awesome tone! The one I now have in its place is the Hardwire Overdrive. But its currently off my board and I use the Visual Sounds Jekyll n Hide dual OD/Dist pedal as that does me for OD rhythm sounds and kick in the extra volume n gain for solos...and I can turn both off with one stomp to go from solo to clean as the switches are close enough on the pedal to hit both at once...lol I digress..!!