Kawai. Probably the best ...

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• JayGeeJayGee Frets: 1355
    Sarge said:
    TTony said:

Ah, here we go!  Isn't the internet an amazing thing?

So’s your memory!!

Sarge said:

There's a later model Aquarius up here in Whitley Bay, he also has a moonsault hanging in the window as a display piece sun bleached to buggery. 
    The Aquarius (I’ve a couple of those too) wasn’t up to the same quality as the KS & F ranges.  But that’s a fair price for one in good condition.  Almost tempting!!

Don't know if you remember this one of mine a few years back,  good solid guitar but the 7.25 radius was a no go for me. 

That’s a dead ringer for the one I used to own, well, apart from (thread convergence!) the Kahler Flyer I had fitted to it - I actually thought it was a pretty damned well executed, very reasonably priced take on the Superstrat concept, although the slightly bonkers switching (one 3-way switch per pickup - down for on, up for split, middle for off) took some getting used to...
    Don't ask me, I just play the damned thing...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12879
    TTony said:
    grungebob said:

My first two “proper” guitars I bought where a 78 Washburn falcon and a 83 westone prestige 250. 

I remember the Washburn "wing" series too @grungebob - never had one, but always fancied one. 

The DC shape is still my favourite even today.
    I had one of the Wings. It was gloss black with abalone binding, solid brass knobs, gold finish bridge and tuners, white bobbin uncovered pickups. It sounds a bit gaudy but it was very subtly done and really suited the shape. Beautiful to play too, with a really nice neck. The issue I had with it was it’s weight.. it was horrendously heavy, so I eventually part ex’d it for a Strat. 
  • bugilemanbugileman Frets: 59
    Kawai also made some very nice acoustic guitars, the higher end models were superb. But they rarely show up. I have quite a collection of the higher end Japanese guitar's and consider Kawai excellent if you can find one. 
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 28419
    Interesting @bugileman .  I’ve seen acoustics for sale, but never tried one.  What else is in your collection?  
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • bugilemanbugileman Frets: 59
    TTony said:
    Interesting @bugileman .  I’ve seen acoustics for sale, but never tried one.  What else is in your collection?  
    Hi Tony, amongst others Tama, K.Yairi, Luxor, Aria, Washburn (harvest etc), Artwood, Takamine, T.Haruo etc 

I have built an eye for the more quality guitar's, some are irreplaceable and difficult to find even in Japan. 
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4263
    Mugen and Daion acoustics are always worth tracking down, some lovely quality guitars back in the late 70’s early 80’s