Need Advice on Dr S Reverberator/ Harley Benton Jr Noise Issue

AxeWieldingBastardAxeWieldingBastard Frets: 157
edited June 2014 in FX
Recently picked up a Dr S Reverberator and im getting some wild humming noises coming out of it.

It appears if i plug the Reverberator in on its own (using a harley benton jr) the added noise is slight and acceptable. Plug any other pedal in to the HBJr and it starts to noise up again.
Unplug the Reverberator and using the other 4 power outlets to power the rest of my board and it's quiet as a mouse once more.

The HBJr should be supplying the Reverberator with everything it needs i.e 9v and 75 mA of regulated power, however there seems to be a major compatibility problem between the two devices. I have another Dr S pedal here that works fine connected to the HBJr, so not sure what gives...

I could go back to the shop and double check that my Dr S pedal isn't faulty, but i feel the issue lies with my cheap and cheerful power supply. Is there a fault on the HBJr? Should i ask Thomann for an exchange, or Is it worth a fix/upgrade. Or should i just man up and buy a better quality power distro?

Thanks for any advice.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• allicioallicio Frets: 221
  • Thanks.
    That confirms my suspicion about the power supply.
    But that post isn't realy offering me any solution to the problem, other than to buy a wall wart to run the pedal.
    Powering my pedals seperately isn't an option. I could buy a different power distro and spend more money on top of, what is already a very expensive pedal, but theres still no gurantees it will work with a voodoo labs or a trex!
    Ive run a few different versions of the rrr with a voodoo labs iso5 with no noise at all. I'd whole heartedly recommend it
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 10087
    You can never spend enough on power supplies imho... Vital.

i've had 3 Voodoo Labs - never any issues or noise. I owned a RRR and it was silent to use too. Great little reverb pedal.

• Thanks.

I don't mind spending more on the power supply as long as i have some assurance that it will work with the RRR.
    Might be worth taking the board in to the store to make sure...

I have a line on a second hand trex power tank Jr, would be great if it worked. Anyone run a Dr S RRR on one of those and can vouch for it?

Here's hoping.
  • If anyone has a decent power supply, i have a nice maxon ad999 in the classifieds i could trade? Needs to be compact as i only have a small board; 5 outlets will do the job for me.

Just saying :)
  • AlanPAlanP Frets: 54
    It doesn't help, I know, but I have a board with 13^H^H^H 14 pedals on it, all in a single daisy-chain from a Diago Powerstation.  This includes some thirsty pedals (a Zoom MS-50 and an MS-70, a DL8, a Ditto 2, and a Boss DD-3).

...and I don't have hum or hiss problems (but then, I don't have a Reverberator, I guess...  Just sayin...)
    Keep the pedal won't you, once you get the power supply sorted you'll be on a winner! It really is one of the nicest reverbs available!
  • Bought a Voodoo Labs power supply today and it's sorted now, no noise at all.  :))

edited June 2014
    Congrats!!! The iso5 is a great unit, had mine a few years with no probs at all!
    Nice rrr by the way! That's a cool finish!!
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 10087
    edited June 2014
    Top man ! A decent power supply changes everything...

Let me know when you get bored of that EQD... Sold my last one and miss it !