Joyo Power Supply 2

McTootMcToot Frets: 2057
Anyone used one? Any experiences? I've tried searching the pages for it but it doesn't seem to come up so thought I'd ask. 

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• swlabrswlabr Frets: 29
    Got one. Good enough for the money but the outputs are not isolated so you cannot use an inverted polarity cable at the same time (at least I couldn't)
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2057
    swlabr said:
    Got one. Good enough for the money but the outputs are not isolated so you cannot use an inverted polarity cable at the same time (at least I couldn't)
    I'd sort of gathered that, but don't have the faintest clue what it means. Physics and electronics and all that stuff confuse the bejesus out of me

• ToneControlToneControl Frets: 12248
    edited June 2014
    the Harley Benton one is probably better value as a cheap one, it is isolated
  • swlabrswlabr Frets: 29
    McToot said:
    swlabr said:
    I'd sort of gathered that, but don't have the faintest clue what it means. Physics and electronics and all that stuff confuse the bejesus out of me
    I'm not much of a help either but from what I know if the outputs are not isolated some pedals may become quite noisy. Others like certain fuzzes need isolated outputs with reverse polarity cables (centre positive).

@ToneControl. Not sure all HB power supplies have isolated outputs.
  • citizen68citizen68 Frets: 172
    edited June 2014
    Have been using one for over a year now with no problems / hum - it's powering pedals both in & outside effects loop and no noise issues - has 12 & 18v outs and one of the 9v outs puts out 250mA (EDIT - it's actually 500mA) so powers up my Blue Sky easily - great unit but I'd add that I bought a 3 prong 18v wall wart as backup for the 2 prong euro adapter that ships with the unit.
    Seemed like a good idea.....

• McTootMcToot Frets: 2057
    citizen68 said:
    Have been using one for over a year now with no problems / hum - it's powering pedals both in & outside effects loop and no noise issues - has 12 & 18v outs and one of the 9v outs puts out 250mA so powers up my Blue Sky easily - great unit but I'd add that I bought a 3 prong 18v wall wart as backup for the 2 prong euro adapter that ships with the unit.
    Which one - the Joyo or the HB?

• Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2460
    swlabr said:
    @ToneControl. Not sure all HB power supplies have isolated outputs.
    yeah only the jr is isolated, far as i'm aware
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 12248
    the HB junior one is isolated, and works well, unlike the full size HB one, which did not work properly at all
  • citizen68citizen68 Frets: 172
    McToot said:
    citizen68 said:
    Have been using one for over a year now with no problems / hum - it's powering pedals both in & outside effects loop and no noise issues - has 12 & 18v outs and one of the 9v outs puts out 250mA so powers up my Blue Sky easily - great unit but I'd add that I bought a 3 prong 18v wall wart as backup for the 2 prong euro adapter that ships with the unit.
    Which one - the Joyo or the HB?

Joyo JP02
    Seemed like a good idea.....

• guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4374
    the Harley Benton one is probably better value as a cheap one, it is isolated
    I've got one going spare if anyone's after one. Hasn't been used much but I've fitted a UK plug to it (properly). :)