Pedals that are to best to share power using splitter cable

What's Hot
guitarblasterguitarblaster Frets: 383
Hey guys, just hoping for a bit of advice from some of you who are the electronic wizards here! It's lockdown and I'm making my pedalboard as perfect as I can and I'm hitting you up with an overly nerdy and pointless question. 

I'm using a Coiks DC5 to power 7 pedals. So that means I have to use two splitter cables to power them all. Could you tell me which ones are best technically to share power to avoid things like noise etc? I've included the pedal model incase it matters for some. 

Pedals are (in the order on the board)

Wah - Jam Wahcko 
Univibe  - Jam Retrovibe
Fuzz face - Jam Fuzz phrase(must have it's own power cable, so that's one slot taken)
Overdrive -Greer Lightspeed
Tuner - Polytune 2 mini
Overdrive - Duellist 
Delay - Aanasounds Utopia - (think it's a Mad Professor Deep Blue Delay style pedal) 

So which two pairs would you have running on the same power slot?

Thanks guys - nerd on! 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17626
    tFB Trader
    Drives.

Anything that doesn't have an LFO and isn't digital will nomally be fine to share power.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27054
    Yup. PolyTune, Lightspeed and Dueist should all be fine on a single daisy chain 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72382
    Isn't the Polytune notorious for causing noise on shared supplies?

I would probably share the wah and univibe, and the two overdrives. Placement in the chain can matter too, it's usually best to have 'adjacent' pedals on the same outlet rather than ones at opposite ends.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • guitarblasterguitarblaster Frets: 383
    edited April 2020
    Hah really interesting! I was giving the Lightspeed and Duellist their own power because they are used frequently and quite often together! Great info guys thanks. 

I'll put the Lightspeed and Duellist together.

The way my cables are I need another paid, I can't link 3 together. Which pedal would you pair with he tuner? I'm guessing this matters less because the tuner is only on when tuning? 

Edit - typed that before @ICBM gave his info! Hah wow I wouldn't have guessed that with the tuner I'm learning loads and I was thinking the tuner should definitely be a sharer! Great info again! 
  • AntonHunterAntonHunter Frets: 921
    ICBM said:
    Isn't the Polytune notorious for causing noise on shared supplies?

Yep, I was going to say this. Loads of noise from mine even though it was in the silent out from my passive volume pedal. Took me ages to diagnose, finally traced it to the polytune and giving it it's own output fixed it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Thanks - Ok will try the overdrives together and wah and vibe together tonight! 
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6702
    I put my wah on a battery to save up a slot. Lasts forever
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9547
    I'd personally never daisy chain pedals. 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72382
    I'd personally never daisy chain pedals. 
    If you use decent pedals that aren't fussy about that sort of nonsense it doesn't matter ;)... I went years with all my Boss pedals on a daisy chain with no noise issues.

It's not rocket science to design pedals that neither transmit nor pick up noise from the power supply connection.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • mattdavismattdavis Frets: 841
    I’d always understood that it’s digital pedals that are fussy but my Dd3 is fine.
    I only have a T. rex fuel tank jr - so I have 2 slots combined to power a Flint, 2 slots combined to power a Qmx4 via a poly tune ac through, and then daisy chain an Ep booster, Od3c CE2, DD3 and a Cruiser Deuce out of the last output. No noise I can hear - but not sure if the QMX contributes to that.
  • Great - yeah I’m having no noise issues - I didn’t have any the way I had it but I like to know I’ve got it the best way I can when sharing! Got the duellist and Lightspeed on a split cable from one isolated input and the wah and univibe split on one isolated input. Working like a charm!
  • Thread resurrection from me! Putting my @ICBM bat sign out again ... 

I'm running the wah on a battery. 

If I use 3 split flex cables (one outlet, two pedals) and then the other two outlets just powering one pedal,  I can power for the whole board. What would technically be the best way to run these pedals? i.e - which ones sharing power? 

The Shanks 4k is a germanium fuzz.

Thanks guys.