Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Tom Bukovac YouTube videos

What's Hot

Comments

• GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3490
    edited April 2020
    Tom, I believe, Gets It. Some gold-plated advice there. Also check out Tom Britt's channel. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JotaJota Frets: 463
    Greatape said:
    Jota said:
    Been following him since the Trigger Hippy times (huge Steve Gorman fan here) and been loving his daily videos.
    Another guy that's started to post frequently is Duke Levine but he just posts solo guitar songs. They're two of my favorite players.
    Have you been checking out Duke with Club D'elf?

Yes. Those and the Giant Kings (my favorites).
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • brooombrooom Frets: 1170
    It's a shame he didn't get to answer the question about Les Pauls... but he seems to not be using any at the moment (well apart from a 50s special).
  • JotaJota Frets: 463
    His interview on the Pitch List podcast is great.
    Jota said:
    His interview on the Pitch List podcast is great.
    Funnily enough, just finished listening to that. I concur - really good 
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3049
    Rhett Shull mentioned him a few days ago too with much gushing. I'd been listening to him without knowing it with Trigger Hippy (thanks @equalsql !). Very enjoyable channel indeed.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• simonbeckwithsimonbeckwith Frets: 215
    Andy Wood has also mentioned him a few times recently during his own YouTube live videos, they’re also worth a watch 
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8534
    Well into my daily dose of home schoolin now, his playing is immense - wish my noodling sounded 10% of this......

https://youtu.be/kM_KD2BE9vc
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Arktik83Arktik83 Frets: 431
    dindude said:
    Well into my daily dose of home schoolin now, his playing is immense - wish my noodling sounded 10% of this......

https://youtu.be/kM_KD2BE9vc
    That sounded epic!  Like you say I wish my noodling sounded as good as that.
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3049
    Today's has him playing Long Distance Runaround. He breaks down the harmony between Steve Howe and Rick's parts then breaks out a bass for the Squire bits. Unbelievable player.. he's my new life coach.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1616
    For those hooked on what has now become Buk's unmissable HomeSkoolin' series (up to Episode 50 or so!), can I also recommend forumite @jackgriffiths excellent YouTube series in a not dissimilar vein?

It lacks beer, admittedly. Fab playing though and some great tips thus far. 

Starts here and gets better: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jz39mAVvpCA&list=UUDTp2Bkly5rgA-4mDGrFsIQ&index=5

• JohnPerry said:
    For those hooked on what has now become Buk's unmissable HomeSkoolin' series (up to Episode 50 or so!), can I also recommend forumite @jackgriffiths excellent YouTube series in a not dissimilar vein?

It lacks beer, admittedly. Fab playing though and some great tips thus far. 

Starts here and gets better: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jz39mAVvpCA&list=UUDTp2Bkly5rgA-4mDGrFsIQ&index=5

Thanks very much! Also, I’m sure beer - or better yet, Whiskey - will make its way in eventually!
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6627
    Subscribed. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8534
    Holy moly, 

Basically, if you don’t dig this then I don’t want to be your friend.

https://youtu.be/sGjwoLQylSE

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • shaunmshaunm Frets: 1591
    dindude said:
    Holy moly, 

What a piece of playing that it. It’s got it all hasn’t it. He is one of those players that makes everything look so easy. The way he picks his notes, his attack, timing and of course his incredible ear. Like Jeff Beck what he plays isn’t hard (in an Allen Holdsworth way but still way over my ability) but it’s what and why he is doing that is so impressive. 

Has Tom done any albums of his own music?
  • Saw that video the other day. It is breathtaking 
  • mixolydmixolyd Frets: 826
    I wish that video was around when I was starting out on electric - that’s the most microscopically detailed view into the highest level of guitar playing I’ve ever seen.  Bukovac’s decision-making, touch and timing are just absurdly good.
  • ZoolooterZoolooter Frets: 886
    edited December 2020
    shaunm said:
    dindude said:
    Holy moly, 

What a piece of playing that it. It’s got it all hasn’t it. He is one of those players that makes everything look so easy. The way he picks his notes, his attack, timing and of course his incredible ear. Like Jeff Beck what he plays isn’t hard (in an Allen Holdsworth way but still way over my ability) but it’s what and why he is doing that is so impressive. 

I’ve been watching his YouTube channel since it started at the beginning of lockdown. I’m constantly blown away by all the things you mention - it’s how he plays it. His channel is a real joy to watch, not only for his playing, but his musings and insight into the industry. 

He’s supposed to be bringing out an instrumental album at some point with another guitarist - so he said on his YT channel.

shaunm said:
    dindude said:
    Holy moly, 

It's actually tremendously difficult to operate at that level. Those things you touch on...touch, taste, timing, shaping the note, note length, dynamics, thinking like a composer/arranger... missing from many, many 'pro' players. (Including many venerated 'guitar legends'.) It requires awareness of the goal and a huge amount of (ongoing) work. His videos contain gold

A few other vids worth perusing are Tom Britt's. 
  • AlbertCAlbertC Frets: 911
    The Tom Bukovac home schoolin' vids that I enjoy the most are when his wife is singing and he's accompanying her on acoustic. She has the most gorgeous voice
    There are at least two where they do old Genesis songs - they're an absolute joy, even if you're no Genesis fan
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom