Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Tom Bukovac YouTube videos

What's Hot

Comments

• CloudNineCloudNine Frets: 4257
    Seems like Tom feels every note he plays, even if it is a bit of noodling he is fully immersed in it, never just playing a guitar, always playing music. Awesome stuff.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JasonJason Frets: 1103
    tFB Trader
    shaunm said:
    dindude said:
    Holy moly, 

Basically, if you don’t dig this then I don’t want to be your friend.

https://youtu.be/sGjwoLQylSE

What a piece of playing that it. It’s got it all hasn’t it. He is one of those players that makes everything look so easy. The way he picks his notes, his attack, timing and of course his incredible ear. Like Jeff Beck what he plays isn’t hard (in an Allen Holdsworth way but still way over my ability) but it’s what and why he is doing that is so impressive. 

Has Tom done any albums of his own music?

He was in Trigger Hippy, with Steve Gorman from The Black Crowes, it is quite BC old school rock n roll
    The Guitar Show, Cranmore Park, Birmingham | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Podcast
  • CloudNine said:
    Seems like Tom feels every note he plays, even if it is a bit of noodling he is fully immersed in it, never just playing a guitar, always playing music. Awesome stuff.
    I've recorded my friends string quartet a couple of times. One of her friends is the 2nd violin. Once she puts the fiddle on her shoulder and picks up the bow she changes totally and has a completely focused "game face". Most rock musicians put on a show and their playing is not taking up all their effort and attention. Not so for her, nor Tom. Awesome to watch. And to listen to. 
  • koss59koss59 Frets: 846
    I wonder how many other session players do a song in one take, operating pedal changes, volume changes on guitar and slide on and off. A complete lost art.
    Facebook.com/nashvillesounduk/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10402
    I've been watching him all day, just love it. The actual presentation is superb, all actual content and zero video editing bullshit. I also like the way he describes what he's doing in musical terms too rather than tab, and the way he chugs a beer while giving a lesson. This is a guy who's in love with music and playing it rather than a guy who's in love with himself and his silky smooth Davinci editing skills like so many big time Youtube guitarist. 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • shaunmshaunm Frets: 1598
    I like the guy even more now he has a signature Duesenberg coming out. What a beauty it is too. I can see that being on my shopping list at some point.

https://youtu.be/VGc8yY6hr_g
  • 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I get bored of watching these highly talented players fill up youtube videos of themselves playing the guitar. Its obvious you are an excellent player but I want something that I can relate to and it not turn into your ego trip.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3536
    edited February 2021
    He's one of the few who - to me at least - is most definitely not on an ego trip. The ideas he discusses can be fairly advanced, yes, but there are plenty of channels dealing with other things. 

His playing is sophisticated, but not complex. He is the anti-Petrucci. 
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    Zoolooter said:
    Indeed, had me reaching for the like button, seriously good playing 
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10402
    Greatape said:
    He's one of the few who - to me at least - is most definitely not on an ego trip. The ideas he discusses can be fairly advanced, yes, but there are plenty of channels dealing with other things. 

Yeah totally agree. 

The guys on the ego trip are the ones's editing the videos to make their performance flawless. Tom's just turning on an iPhone and doing the video in one hit. 

Personally the way he describes everything to me makes perfect sense, being an old guy who learnt before tab and before YT lessons I understand the language.  I chart songs same as he does, a lot of guys I know do. 
    When I had covid a month or so ago I watched every single video he put up and I was blown away with his skill, feel and general wisdom. 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    Danny1969 said:
    Greatape said:

Yeah totally agree. 

The guys on the ego trip are the ones's editing the videos to make their performance flawless. Tom's just turning on an iPhone and doing the video in one hit. 

Personally the way he describes everything to me makes perfect sense, being an old guy who learnt before tab and before YT lessons I understand the language.  I chart songs same as he does, a lot of guys I know do. 
    When I had covid a month or so ago I watched every single video he put up and I was blown away with his skill, feel and general wisdom.

He gives away gold in those videos, especially the early ones. 
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    Also makes a change that he’s one of the YouTube elite that isn’t on the gear bandwagon, you won’t be getting Tom’s video of the Nueral QuadBoretex anytime soon! 
  • He's just a natural. He fucking breathes it, and is 100% the real deal. Inspiring stuff. No over-rehearsed 5 step patterns and other nonsense. Just real music. Very much worth a listen. 
  • Discovering Tom/Uncle Larry has been one of my big delights since lockdown...

Stuuning playing, 100% bullshit free, fuuny, wise, illuminating, joyous, good for the soul.

”Hello claaas !”
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    Jota said:
    I always thought Audley Freed was a better fit for this band (he was there before Bukovac) but this is still fun to watch and the record still sounds great.
    There's also a Walsh show with him but audio and video are not that great.

I’ve met Audley Freed. When he was in the Delta 72. Saw em in London, missed the train home. Me and a mate went to Blow Up at the now defunct Wag club in soho. I was taking a piss and suddenly he’s at the unrinal next to me. I asked him if he’d just played a gig and he tells me he’s just joined the Black Crowes. 

Completely surreal. Lovely chap. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    jeztone2 said:
    Jota said:
    I always thought Audley Freed was a better fit for this band (he was there before Bukovac) but this is still fun to watch and the record still sounds great.
    There's also a Walsh show with him but audio and video are not that great.

I’ve met Audley Freed. When he was in the Delta 72. Saw em in London, missed the train home. Me and a mate went to Blow Up at the now defunct Wag club in soho. I was taking a piss and suddenly he’s at the unrinal next to me. I asked him if he’d just played a gig and he tells me he’s just joined the Black Crowes. 

Completely surreal. Lovely chap. 
    Not a great fit for the Crowes, but then he had big shoes to fill. Saw him on the By Your Side tour in late nineties, on which this was apparent. That said: nice guy, good in many contexts. Just no Marc Fucking Ford. 
    Discovering Tom/Uncle Larry has been one of my big delights since lockdown...

Stuuning playing, 100% bullshit free, fuuny, wise, illuminating, joyous, good for the soul.

”Hello claaas !”
    And refreshingly - unlike 99% of YouTube chancers - resolutely not on the make. 
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 982
    Recognised the name from here, but hadn’t watched any videos until this past week. A couple of his recent HomeSkoolin videos popped up on YouTube. Fantastic playing & commentary. Trouble is I’m going to have to go back and work my way through 95 of his lockdown videos now!

This one (Volume 95) from yesterday, with a simple loop & tone that just sounds fantastic

https://youtu.be/jIztkedh77g
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9526
    Absolutely unmissable and superb.

”HELLOW CLASS”