Rothwell Hellbender

FaffFaff Frets: 29
edited June 2014 in FX
Hi I have just purchased my second used Rothwell Hellbender in the last couple of weeks. The first was DOA as the switch was faulty. The finishes on the pedals are very different. The first one was raw brushed metal with engraved writing. Looked very boutiquey and classy. Shame it was faulty. The second one is smooth with a glossy coating with normal printed writing. Doesn't look half as good. Inside the boards are all marked Rothwell and look similar so I don't reckon it's a fake. Does anyone know about the differences? Are the circuits the same? Peter
Guitarist for...  HEY PIXIES - The UK's most gigantic PIXIES tribute band
http://www.facebook.com/heypixies
"We don't actually own any of this gear - we're just looking after it for the next Fretboarder."

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• steamabacussteamabacus Frets: 1291
    I have a Rothwell Love Squeeze which uses the same construction as the second of your Hellbenders. I'm guessing they changed due to the time and cost involved in the original polished/engraved boxes. I doubt that there's any internal differences, though.
  • photekphotek Frets: 1507
    I had a couple of switchblades, one brushed the other smooth. Both were identical sounding. Must have just been a finishing change as steamabacus says.
  • FaffFaff Frets: 29
    Yes I guess the original finishes were more expensive. The did look great though. I like things that look good but at the end of the day obviously the sound is the number 1 factor by a mile - and it does sound fantastic.

Guitarist for...  HEY PIXIES - The UK's most gigantic PIXIES tribute band
    http://www.facebook.com/heypixies
    "We don't actually own any of this gear - we're just looking after it for the next Fretboarder."