Little inaccuracies that ruin in a film...

What's Hot
123457»

Comments

• fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    Oh yes, that clip from True Lies ... suspend your disbelief ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BX-6K7ATyEc
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10967
    Remember the A Team ....  Hannibal and the Face and the big T guy would shoot 900 large caliber rounds into a car full of baddies ... that would then hit a wall, turn over and burst into flames and then the camera would linger on that shot while all 5 baddies crawled out rubbing their sore heads :) 
    Dukes of Hazzard ... the General Lee would gun up to about 60mph and then jump across a 30 metre river 

www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • StratavariousStratavarious Frets: 3812
    I blame reality TV... 
  • StratavariousStratavarious Frets: 3812
    Hidden bombs that beep and flash to make them super easy to locate... and then when activated they seem to whizz and whirr and delay for ages before going off, giving time for the hero to disarm them.
  • Hurling_FruitmigHurling_Fruitmig Frets: 761
    edited May 2020
    fandango said:
    Little inaccuracies??? Can we suggest major inaccuracies??? Like this scene below in True Lies with Arnie Schwarzenegger where he knew how to fly a Harrier Jump Jet (there weren't many in the USA) and despite getting hit, doesn't burst into flames and crash. Somehow we are expected to suspend our disbelief, and not only finding his daughter up a crane hanging on for dear life, and remaining rather calm about it, but Arnie's total ability to own that Harrier, whilst evading Art Malik's attempt to kill both him and his daughter.

I guess this is more about flagging up the preposterous, but seriously the inaccuracy is that the Harrier is an easy jet to fly at the best of times, and Arnie jumps in as if it's his car and going for a drive to the Mall.
    The USMC had over 300 Harriers (AV8A and/or B ) on strength, so it wasn’t uncommon. You’re right, however, that it was fiendishly difficult to fly.
    I'll get a round to buying a 'real' guitar one day.
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17140
    fandango said:
    Little inaccuracies??? Can we suggest major inaccuracies??? Like this scene below in True Lies with Arnie Schwarzenegger where he knew how to fly a Harrier Jump Jet (there weren't many in the USA) and despite getting hit, doesn't burst into flames and crash. Somehow we are expected to suspend our disbelief, and not only finding his daughter up a crane hanging on for dear life, and remaining rather calm about it, but Arnie's total ability to own that Harrier, whilst evading Art Malik's attempt to kill both him and his daughter.

I guess this is more about flagging up the preposterous, but seriously the inaccuracy is that the Harrier is an easy jet to fly at the best of times, and Arnie jumps in as if it's his car and going for a drive to the Mall.

Well, I'm not telling him. You can do it.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28679
    Bad sword fights really piss me off. I can get onboard with flashy whirly stuff because it's more exciting than actual equally matched swordfights where needing to make sure aren't hit is at least as important as hitting the other guy, or where one fighter is vastly better than the other, in which case the fight would be over in a few seconds.

But when you realise they're actually not trying to hit each other even before deflections and dodges really irk me. Phantom Menace is the worst - it looks really flashy but...

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11716
    Has anyone mentioned lack of recoil from handguns yet?
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1506
    Bad sword fights really piss me off. I can get onboard with flashy whirly stuff because it's more exciting than actual equally matched swordfights where needing to make sure aren't hit is at least as important as hitting the other guy, or where one fighter is vastly better than the other, in which case the fight would be over in a few seconds.

But when you realise they're actually not trying to hit each other even before deflections and dodges really irk me. Phantom Menace is the worst - it looks really flashy but...

Haha! this is great!