Is the forum linked to MusicRadar?

What's Hot
I was just wondering is this is a forum that was created to replace the MR forum or if this is an existing forum that everyone has moved to?
You can never have to much...........
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33793
    edited September 2013
    This forum is the user created successor to Music Radar forum- but wholly independent from MR.

Given that PC Gamer forum is already back up (where the original issue was) and MR isn't I'd not be surprised to see MR permanently closed.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    edited September 2013
    MR died, they haven't fixed it, so some clever bods who were members on MR set this up in about a week and it's much better (and not linked to MR in anyway other than a lot of ex members)
  • ah ok, I wondered why MR was taking so long to link themselves to this forum, this explains it.

And it is better not sure about the facepalm button, I seem to have collected a few (
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • xchrisvxchrisv Frets: 573
    edited September 2013
    On the 28th they told the MR editorial team that the forum would be switched back on that day... and then it wasn't. It did work briefly that day when viewed from an internal IP and it didn't look like there's been any data loss. But your guesses are as good as mine at the moment, I'm afraid. If I hear anything else I'll try to let you all know. 
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33793
    chrisv said:
    On the 28th they told the MR editorial team that the forum would be switched back on that day... and then it wasn't. It did work briefly that day when viewed from an internal IP and it didn't look like there's been any data loss. But your guesses are as good as mine at the moment, I'm afraid. If I hear anything else I'll try to let you all know. 
    Thanks for the update @chrisv ;
  • ah ok, I wondered why MR was taking so long to link themselves to this forum, this explains it.

And it is better not sure about the facepalm button, I seem to have collected a few (
    there is a very long discussion in Meta about facepalms. Basically there for the few people who understand them/can be bothered (IMHO).
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    It's linked in that we have all the good people from Music Radar (and some of the bad too! ;) ) and Music Radar no longer has them - presumably at least partially because they forgot the 3rd rule of websites - more than a week's downtime and your audience will go elsewhere... more than a month and most will forget you ever existed.
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Myranda said:
     some of the bad too! ;) )

Oi 
    :)>-

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• jaygtrjaygtr Frets: 218
    mikenewell;25811" said:
    ah ok, I wondered why MR was taking so long to link themselves to this forum, this explains it.

I think you got most of them for posting stuff you were selling in the wrong section , I suspect they are mainly used in a slightly humorous way.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72300
    I've got 23, apparently :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBM said:
    vasselmeyer;25872" said:
    ICBM said:

mikenewell said:And it is better not sure about the facepalm button, I seem to have collected a few (I've got 23, apparently :).

• ftumchftumch Frets: 681
    ah ok, I wondered why MR was taking so long to link themselves to this forum, this explains it.

Well if your collecting them I can help with that. Shazam! Your welcome :)

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27453
    Myranda said:
    they forgot the 3rd rule of websites - more than a week's downtime and your audience will go elsewhere... more than a month and most will forget you ever existed.

Ahhh, the 3rd rule.  Never forget the 3rd rule.  Nor the first 2 rules, which are just as important.

Rule1:  DBAD.

Rule2:  There must be t-shirts (see here).  Can you imagine people ever wanting MR t-shirts???

Rule3:  Make sure you have enough 50p pieces for the meter to keep the lights on.

Simples  :D

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24288
    edited September 2013

ICBM said:

'kin amateurs.  I've got a hundred and twenty....  and I'm a mod. !
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Emp_Fab;25898" said:
      ICBM said:

mikenewell said:And it is better not sure about the facepalm button, I seem to have collected a few (I've got 23, apparently :).

'kin amateurs.  I've got a hundred and twenty....  and I'm a mod. !

Are you sure it's not more than that?
  • Shazam's all round.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Well I felt bad for getting then, now I feel bad for not having enough! Lol