Recommended Luthiers & Techs

What's Hot

Comments

• Hi, looking for someone in the Surrey - Guildford/Godalming area who can fix some wiring and do setups, any recommendations?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • joeWjoeW Frets: 461
    Just got.a Collings CL and MM EVH back from @FelineGuitars guitars in Croydon, and they are playing better than ever.  Only downside was that due to Covid, I couldn't go in and see the beautiful guitars they they make.  Great folks and great service, definitely coming back.
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11570
    tFB Trader
    joeW said:
    Just got.a Collings CL and MM EVH back from @FelineGuitars guitars in Croydon, and they are playing better than ever.  Only downside was that due to Covid, I couldn't go in and see the beautiful guitars they they make.  Great folks and great service, definitely coming back.
    Thankyou to everyone continuing to use our services during the lockdown. We really miss being able to invite you in and sit and discuss your guitars and whatever, and look forward to getting back to that as soon as possible. But we are really appreciative of the work that keeps us going right now and trying our utmost in still doing good work for you all.

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• ETJCETJC Frets: 25
    Hi all, I’ve just moved to Brighton from Penge. I could drive all the way back to Feline Guitars who I’ve used a couple of times and had a good experience with, but does anyone recommend anyone nearer? Thanks. 
    tFB Trader
    ETJC said:
    Hi all, I’ve just moved to Brighton from Penge. I could drive all the way back to Feline Guitars who I’ve used a couple of times and had a good experience with, but does anyone recommend anyone nearer? Thanks. 
    You're under 5 miles away - some might say that was a bonus 

Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

ETJC said:
    ?
    Under 50 you mean?
    Yup definitely doable. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    ETJC said:
    ETJC said:
    ?
    Under 50 you mean?
    Yup definitely doable. 
    Sorry I read it the wrong way round - thinking you'd moved to Penge....makes more sense now.
    Yes - there must be someone doing a good job near Brighton.

Would be nice to avoid 2 hour round car trip if possible, but strangely I haven’t found a single recommendation on this thread for someone local..
  • Need a Birmingham (or not too far from Sutton Coldfield) based wiring expert to rescue one of my guitars. Any recommendations?
    Just so people are aware. I have no idea what any of these words mean.
  • skay said:
    After Leon of Grizzy Guitars moved away from Hackney, I've been without a good trustworthy guitar tech close to me in South London, as I don't fancy a trip into central London each time. 

Well, John from String King Guitars in Woolwich is my man!

He's refretted my Tele, new nut and electronics in my Les Paul, finally made my Les Paul Junior play in tune with a wraparound bridge, and brought my knackered very first electric guitar back to life.

Top notch work, completed very quickly, and very reasonable too.

Can highly recommend John, as he's a good listener and will work with you to find the best solution to whatever issues your guitars have, plus theres plenty of free parking outside, what's not to like!
    I’d also backup this.  Took an old soap bar PRS SE (the first run) to John as a friends kid had dropped it and badly chipped the fretboard.  He fixed that and it plays better than ever, polished the frets, changed the pots and put a new nut in in less than a week...  all super high quality work and great comms the whole time.  

Very highly recommended!!!
  • AlbertCAlbertC Frets: 932
    I’ll just add my recommendation to the others on here for Feline Guitars in Croydon. I took my National Duolian in for a once over and for some slight neck movement. Very impressed with the thoroughness and quality of their work as well as the reasonable rates and friendly service. 
  • SPECTRUM001SPECTRUM001 Frets: 1556
    Hi - I would hope this to be an easy one, but can someone recommend a good tech/luthier in Bath or nearby ?

Thanks !
  • Hi - I would hope this to be an easy one, but can someone recommend a good tech/luthier in Bath or nearby ?

Thanks !
    Andy Manners in Corsham. 

• SPECTRUM001SPECTRUM001 Frets: 1556
    Thanks - will give him a call !
  • SlopeSoarerSlopeSoarer Frets: 823
    edited May 2021
    I've recently moved to Anglesey can anyone recommend a luthier on the island?

Edit: Or North Wales!?

Looks like there might be an opening for someone :-) 
  • JT96JT96 Frets: 45
    Can anyone recommend a luthier in Sheffield? I’m looking at having my Martins fitted for some pickups with some drilling involved, very cautious of accidentally handing it to a cowboy with the money I’ve spent already!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MrTeeMrTee Frets: 501
    I've recently moved to Anglesey can anyone recommend a luthier on the island?

Edit: Or North Wales!?

Looks like there might be an opening for someone :-) 

Harry miller in Wrexham is a great luthier, but I'm not 100% if he's still in business. As far as I'm aware, we need to travel to Chester/Wirral for anything decent!
  • mo6020mo6020 Frets: 366
    Just wanted to add a recommendation for Providence Guitars in Peckham Rye. They've done some great work on my Strat and I'm about to take my 335 and Tele in for various bits next week. Very reasonably priced, too.

Recommended to my by Monty's Guitars, and making some pretty nice original guitars themselves in their workshop that I'm afraid to look too closely at incase I accidentally buy one... 
    "Filthy appalachian goblin."
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 11553
    Guys, bit of a steer needed here - I'm sure this has been covered previously (so apologies)... I need a good tech in the Cotswolds to sort out a couple of guitars for me.  I live in Cirencester and nothing much around here. Any recommendations gratefully accepted.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16293
    Offset said:
    Guys, bit of a steer needed here - I'm sure this has been covered previously (so apologies)... I need a good tech in the Cotswolds to sort out a couple of guitars for me.  I live in Cirencester and nothing much around here. Any recommendations gratefully accepted.
    Ivison Guitars? Neil is somewhere near Worcester, I can't obviously spot an address on the website. 
    He sells the models he makes through ATB in Gloucester but I think he still does the repairs side of the business direct. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell.