Quick repartis

What's Hot

I've been interviewing this afternoon, not my favourite sport. I was however moved to howls of laughter by the response to a question from one candidate.

Me: "The job sometimes entails long periods of inactivity, and potantially boredom. How do you think you'd cope with that?"

Candidate (looking at me with total disdain): "I currently work for McDonalds."

Brilliant!

7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I gave you a LOL, but please sign him up to the forum so I can give him a Wisdom.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7772
    can he spell repartee ?

"I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10318
    tFB Trader
    repartee = a soirée for commercial travelers ...
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33791

I've been interviewing this afternoon, not my favourite sport. I was however moved to howls of laughter by the response to a question from one candidate.

Me: "The job sometimes entails long periods of inactivity, and potantially boredom. How do you think you'd cope with that?"

Candidate (looking at me with total disdain): "I currently work for McDonalds."

Brilliant!

I hope that person is getting hired.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    edited September 2013
    I'll make a decision tomorrow, but I think he's far too smart for the job. I'll give him some confidential advice on where he should be looking career-wise. But shit, the guy's only 19, and he reminds me so much of my confident, gobshite son, who, if he gets an interview, will piss it. I also had the archetypal fat slob computer geek who, at the age of 24, looks destined for a job as a replenishment assistant. As a dad, I despair.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom