Scarlett vs Clarett...

What's Hot
I need a new interface. 
Is the Focusrite Clarett worth the extra dosh over the Scarlett..... 
Anybody got an opinion...?
Any thoughts appreciated.... Thanks
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• StuckfastStuckfast Frets: 2450
    Are you talking Clarett USB or Thunderbolt?

There is a difference in sound quality but it's fairly small and the 3rd gen Scarletts are easily good enough IMO. So I'd say the main advantage is that if you get the Thunderbolt Clarett you'll get better latency with a lower system overhead.
  • McSwaggertyMcSwaggerty Frets: 679
    Stuckfast said:
    Are you talking Clarett USB or Thunderbolt?

There is a difference in sound quality but it's fairly small and the 3rd gen Scarletts are easily good enough IMO. So I'd say the main advantage is that if you get the Thunderbolt Clarett you'll get better latency with a lower system overhead.
    Thanks, l was meaning the Focusrite Clarett 2pre USB.....it was recommended to me by a sound engineer and after reading reviews, l was leaning towards this. 
    However, as it is twice the price of the Scarlett l'm wondering if its really worth it... Thanks

• HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 23145
    I need a new interface. 
    Is the Focusrite Clarett worth the extra dosh over the Scarlett..... 
    Anybody got an opinion...?
    Any thoughts appreciated.... Thanks
    Depends on your use. Do you need better mic preamps? Do you have the monitors and environment to warrant better sound? 

• GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7411
    I made this exact switch and would definitely recommend. I really notice the improvement personally - the Clarett sounds great. 
  • mike257mike257 Frets: 376
    What's your use case? What's the rest of your setup like? Are you recording mics often, or are you largely going direct? 

The Clarett is "better", but whether that amount of better justifies doubling the spend very much depends on your situation and uses for it. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom