PSA - TC Alter Ego for £94! - Thomann

chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 4155
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    They're being reduced all over the place. Andertons had there's down to around £95 last week (all gone now).

Still waiting for my x4 version to arrive!
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 25495
    Clearly the X4 price was too close to a single button jobby.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

• JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1641
    I bought two of these on here last week and the combination is rather wonderful with, say, two echorecs going at once at different settings. Or a digital delay and a space echo etc

• chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 4155
    Clearly the X4 price was too close to a single button jobby.
    I think the X4 is great deal at £179 (or £159 from Thomann) and I wish i'd spent the extra for one now (I have the regular Flashback and will soon be upgrading)

The mini Flashback at £99 doesn't look a good deal at all with the regular Flashback at £119.
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22446
    That's pretty good actually. Still wish TC would do a dual pedal - ie.. two toneprints at once. I suggested it to Tore, and he said it was a good idea but didn't know if it was possible.
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4374
    Crap, well mine's going for £85 posted if anyone's after one - I'm upgrading to the x4 too rather than adding a Ditto x2 to my rig!
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7973
    Is it still the case that you can strum tempo but not tap tempo on these?  That was the case with the Flashback when it first came out IIRC
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Is it still the case that you can strum tempo but not tap tempo on these?  That was the case with the Flashback when it first came out IIRC
    Yes, the single format version is litterly just a Flashback but with two exclusive sounds (and the worsepaint colour choice on a pedal I've ever seen, all the text becomes invisable on stage). Sounds great though!
    Yes. It sucks I know. I looked into these (even borrowed Digiscreams one for a while!) and liked the sounds, but the tap-tempo thing put me reet off. Plus I need two delays at once. If you want that, two Boss DD7's and a tap tempo switch is the ideal solution. Bit noisier than the TC ones though.
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7973
    It is such an oversight, on the Boss units you can do hold for tap tempo which works fine for my needs, the songs where I use delay I tap to the count in anyway.  I did finally figure a way to stick down my FS5U though so have a dedicated tap tempo these days.  I actually thought the Flashback sounded better than the DD20 I bought (x4 wasn't available then), I considered buying two of them but the cost was too high and I hated strum tempo.  Should've bought two used DD7s in hindsight but I thought I'd be using all of the slots on the DD20.  As it is I find it a bit annoying to need to scroll patches, and it has to be used horizontally which pretty much screws me fitting any more pedals on my board the way I have it laid out.  It isn't the end of the world though and changing it is probably one of those things that'll be on the 'to do' list but will never get done.
    I think the TC delays sound a bit better than the Boss ones in terms of signal to noise, and the algorithms are quite a bit more tweakable. The X4 doesn't meet my needs because again... I'd need two of 'em. So I ended up with the Boss's and am pretty happy with them.