SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Anyone use Bandmix?

What's Hot
We're wondering if it's worthwhile signing up to this...any Bandmix users want to comment?

Ta!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26465
    It's OK, and I've had a few responses through it...thing is, it's more full-featured than JoinMyBand, but because of the pay-to-respond requirement you do get less going on there.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7953
    edited June 2014
    Do it but don't expect a lot of interest, like @digitalscream has said it does move a bit more slowly there.  If you're looking for a band/bandmates it is all about exploring as many avenues as you can, you only lose a couple of minutes setting up the profiles so do it.

What I will say is that if you are using it as a way to get people to contact you it is a good idea to log in fairly regularly.  When people do searches on bandmix I think one of the defaults is to arrange by how recently they logged in.  I've tended to find the caliber of musician on bandmix more serious on average than join my band but far fewer people responded that way.  Join my band and gumtree still seem to be the ones people use most, JMB especially IME.
  • JD50JD50 Frets: 651
    I was on it for a while, its good if you do the searching but when I got  the 'musicians in your area emails' my area seemed to include Ediburgh, think it was my East London postcode confusing it.
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3419
    My main concern is the continuous payment authority they request.
    It's a pain having to pay a fee to contact someone who's advertised there ;)
  • mike257mike257 Frets: 374
    The "pay to contact" element has always put me off.  Also, if you're searching, you'll frequently be sifting through ancient adverts from inactive profiles.  I certainly did a lot of that when I used it, and just last week I got an email from a guy who'd seen an advert that I'd posted in 2011 and forgotten to remove.  I've always had more contact from Join My Band or Gumtree ads, but I've only ever had successful hookups with direct recommendations and personal connections.  I can't think of one situation where I've tried someone from a site like that and found that it worked out.
  • FezFez Frets: 499
    We got our current bass player from bandmix but I suspect faceache is taking over these days.
    Don't touch that dial.
  • ElectroDanElectroDan Frets: 554
    edited July 2014
    Fez said:
    We got our current bass player from bandmix but I suspect faceache is taking over these days.

When he does, he's going to insist you stop calling him that! :))
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MazzaGMazzaG Frets: 82
    I'd highly recommend sneaking in your mobile number and email address in your profile, that way people can at least contact you without having to pay.
  • matt1973matt1973 Frets: 385
    You may see your perfect candidate on there but if they're not active on the site, which is the case with many of the profiles you'll see, it's unlikely they'll receive your message.