Message notification email disappeared. Anyone else had this issue?.

MikeSMikeS Frets: 2133
Always worked fine, whenever someone send me a message on the forum, a notification email arrives. Noticed yesterday that's not happening any more.

Checked all settings, everythings the same, checked email, safe senders etc, no changes. Deleted everything and started again, still no emails. Has there been any forum updates that may have affected these settings?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26577
    No forum updates. However, your email address is Microsoft-based, and the majority of Hotmail emails disappear...I wouldn't be surprised if they've rolled out the same faulty config across more domains.
    <space for hire>
  • MikeSMikeS Frets: 2133
    edited May 2020
    @digitalscream ;;Ah right, good point. Apart from my work email (can't really use that for social) I've always used Hotmail. I'll need to have a look into an alternative then.

• digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26577
    MikeS said:
    @digitalscream ;;Ah right, good point. Apart from my work email (can't really use that for social) I've always used Hotmail. I'll need to have a look into an alternative then.
    One trick which has worked for some is setting up a GMail account just for the forum, then setting it to auto-forward everything to the Hotmail (or other Microsoft) account that's black-holing stuff.
    <space for hire>
    edited May 2020
    I've just created a yahoo address and updated my profile. All I need now is for someone to send me a message to see if it's worked 3

sorted, thanks @digitalscream ; :+1: