SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Withdrawn (again): Martin 00028-ec

What's Hot
TINMAN82TINMAN82 Frets: 1845
edited September 2020 in Acoustics £
Back on sale: Selling to generate cash for a planned house move (having just been outbid for one we liked ): 

This is first to go as it’s my most expensive instrument but, as a mainly electric player, gets played the least.

Bought new from Peach in late 2018. Great spec, particularly the wider string spacing at the bridge which is great for fingerstyle.

Immaculate except for the treble side of the headstock which has some cosmetic marks on the nitro from a string winder...I misjudged how small the vintage tuners are. Photos included. Hard case pristine.

Insured courier delivery is possible, add £40 to price.

£2500 

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• artiebearartiebear Frets: 810
    Absolutely wonderful guitar. Can do anything. Probably worth moving to the acoustic section GLWTS
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • AdamskiAdamski Frets: 1278
    My dream guitar.I played one at Musicmesse a few years ago and it fit me like a glove.  I’ll try to shift some bits to make it happen but not much is selling at the moment. Good luck with the sale 
  • TINMAN82TINMAN82 Frets: 1845
    edited September 2020
    On reflection and having only received one query,withdrawn pending a few months saving. Will see how far I can get towards the required house fund without selling.
  • idiotwindowidiotwindow Frets: 1386
    Yes, well worth keeping if you are able to. A really comfortable guitar to play.
    edited September 2020
    Back up for sale. The house move struggle is real. Rarely play acoustic and when I do my Seagull S6 will suffice...at least until we have a new mortgage!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Had a pick for the first time in a while and dammit, sorry Mrs Tinman but the new house can wait. 

Too loud at night for the young kids upstairs but given the losses which would be incurred from selling at this price it can stay as a weekend guitar!
  • TINMAN82 said:
    Had a pick for the first time in a while and dammit, sorry Mrs Tinman but the new house can wait. 

Too loud at night for the young kids upstairs but given the losses which would be incurred from selling at this price it can stay as a weekend guitar!
    Good decision. It's the sort of guitar to keep and enjoy years from now, ideally in the comforts of your new home. I have had my current EC for 20 years now (just restrung it today) and though it doesn't get as much playing time as it should, it's a joy to pick up and play. 
  • I think that is a good decision, it's not going down in value. Regarding the young kids upstairs, if they are your children I would suggest you make a habit of playing music while they go to sleep. I always did this with my children and they all grew up with a love of music.
    It is a myth that noise or loud music keeps children awake.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I think that is a good decision, it's not going down in value. Regarding the young kids upstairs, if they are your children I would suggest you make a habit of playing music while they go to sleep. I always did this with my children and they all grew up with a love of music.
    Echoing this, my six year old now helps me write lyrics and asks guitar to be played while he’s in bed at least 4/5 times a week
    I think that is a good decision, it's not going down in value. Regarding the young kids upstairs, if they are your children I would suggest you make a habit of playing music while they go to sleep. I always did this with my children and they all grew up with a love of music.
    That’s interesting, thanks. I’ll have to convince my wife as she’s usually the one that deals with trickier bedtimes! Might have to avoid my recent jazz leanings though... already being dubbed “elevator music”.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom