Mooer GE300...any users here?

What's Hot
VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4788
edited June 2020 in FX
The GE300 and Pod Go are the two mfx units I've shortlisted for live gigging tools.  Inevitably, both have pros and cons and features the other doesnt but the price of the GE300 is coming down ...Thomson, Juno etc are currently offering these for around £532 which closes the gap on Pod Go that should hit the shelves at circa £399.   

Having looked fairly closely at the manual, vids and user feedback for Pod Go, I'm now trying to up my understanding of the GE300.

It has 2 DSP chips and is a more powerful beast than Pod Go. But having read through the manual this is also a much more complicated beast than Pod Go although size and weight are similar.

Aside from the synth and tone capture capabilities (the latter is interesting) it offers more flexible floor switching by allowing double switch operations for tuner and looper to be swapped for single switch operation.  It has up to 15 blocks with two of these adding additional flexibility to add additional options for modulation, pitch shift etc plus extra distortions for gain stacking. 

But, and although I'm not 100% sure here, I dont think you can select more than one amp, cab, reverb or delay...But if anyone knows differently, please do post to correct me.  It also has no snap shot capability currently which is a really useful feature in Pod Go although currently Pod Go doesn't allow snapshots to be named which would have been very helpful.

Similar to many current mfx products the GE300 uses dynamic DSP but as per other manufacturers there is no readily available information regarding how much can be run at once before you reach DSP limits. Interestingly though, it does have a DSP meter so at least you have some guide when you're setting it up. 

If anyone Is using a GE300 currently, please do share what you like and don't like and your views on tone and modelling quality.

For those with the smaller GE200, 250 etc these are different including the modelling, so in the nicest possible way Im not looking for feedback on those units, but if you've had good or bad reliability and or service experience I'd certainly be interested to hear from you on these points.

Thanks all.

I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17878
    tFB Trader
    I don't think the modelling is different. I certainly don't hear it in any demos.

The GE300 has better IR resolution but the GE200 also sounded crap through a real cab.

The GE200 is possibly better because it has the new modelling which is streets ahead of the old stuff but doesn't clean up at all.

The GE 200 was complete shit compared to the Helix I can't be more emphatic than that.

Unless the GE300 is a totally different proposition which I'm certain it isn't I'd stay very clear.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4788
    The GE300 has had excellent reviews. In normal circumstances I'd go into one of the bigger stores and try them side by side (once we eventually get Pod Go of course) but in this lockdown world that's not going to be an option for a while. 

But I like Pod Go's relative simplicity and layout, and Line 6 support is good, so it's definitely the favourite. But the GE300 has a lot going for it too. With so many positive reviews and good videos I have to think the poor sound you were hearing from the GE200 has to be with your settings/set up. If it was that bad these wouldn't be so popular. 
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    tFB Trader
    Read my thread I couldn't have given it more chances.

I tried it with 2 different sets of high end headphones, a hi fi, the FX return of a katana and a Marshall origin.

I've owned most of the major multi FX and it's the only one I've ever sent back.

By all means order one but I'm certain you will prefer your vox.

tFB Trader
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4788
    edited June 2020
    Been out for a bit ...posted on it a while back.  
    tFB Trader
    I think they were announced in January, but the demos have only started appearing today.