SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS Vox AC30CC2X SOLD

GIJoeGIJoe Frets: 213
edited October 2014 in Amps £
Time for another amp to go, not had this long myself but I've gone a bit mental buying amps...

£450 collected. SOLD

This is a CC2, so the slightly older model.  It has a plywood cab, and a valve rectifier.  The rectifier valve has been replaced with a solid state plug-in.  This massively improves the reliability, it sounds awesome!

It has 2 alnico blues in unmarked condition.  It has a nice reverb and tremolo and a great master volume!

I live near Lincoln, so you are welcome to come and try it, although i'm afraid you won't be able to crank it up that much - it's stupidly loud, much louder than my other 30W amps.

Now the bad bit (hence the slightly lower price) - as you can see from the photos the grill cloth is sagging.  It could do with a bit of a repair.  Some tolex has been torn on the bottom, there is a bit of a bent internal ply support and the control panel has a bit of muck on (I think from some masking tape).

It comes with a wooden flightcase that is a bit rubbish and homemade, I purchased this locally for posting.  It is basically looks like a rat has been knawing at it, but will be awesome for posting.

Inside, the components are very clean, and pretty neat.  This is a large pile of something that resembles plaster or white paint, but this is cosmetic, cannot be seen from the outside and does not touch any components.  It may have been there from the factory but I cannot be sure.

It has TAD 12AX7s in the preamp and a nice quad of TAD EL84s in the power stage - these have been used but still have plenty of life in them.

"Nobody is really researching robot jokes"

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    Gah, why am I so paupar-poor? :)

Don't suppose you fancy one of these...

No? Ah, worth a try though *sigh*

GLWTS

• GIJoeGIJoe Frets: 213
    Thanks!

I was slightly more interested in the Jazzmaster, but that's sold now!

:)

• JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    Ah, story of my life (unless you meant the jag ;)

JookyChap said:
    Ah, story of my life (unless you meant the jag ;)
    Nope!

Someone buy this!

Open to offers or trades!