SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD - 1981 Yamaha SG1000, the LP Killer - 40 year old stunner c/w all the trimmings

What's Hot

Comments

• JGCJGC Frets: 156
    another bump...incredible playing guitar
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    edited November 2020
    Have a mini bump. These Yam SG’s are superb, says the guy with a vested interest of selling his own 3000. But seriously, they kick ass.

40 years old next month and plays like a dream - £1200 with all the extras, you'll be hard pushed to find anoither with all that and better than any LP at that price.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Final price drop for Pre Xmas sale - £1150 bank transfer and collected - proper Les Paul killer
    still available but now advertised elsewhere
  • zedhexzedhex Frets: 191
    I had one of these for a couple of years. I also had two Les Pauls at the same time - and never once did any of them even snarl at each other, much less any guitar killing the other.

Have a free bump!
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Nice axe but Les Pauls are immortal - GLWTS
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    wellsyboy said:
    Nice axe but Les Pauls are immortal - GLWTS

luddite :-)
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    wellsyboy said:
    As someone who owns both my SG1000 is the better made guitar & more versatile. I rarely play my LP. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
    jeztone2 said:
    wellsyboy said:
    As someone who owns both my SG1000 is the better made guitar & more versatile. I rarely play my LP. 

very wise, many get fooled by the name on the headstock :-)
  • rockmonsterrockmonster Frets: 823
    edited December 2020
    I thought the 2000 was the LP killer. Yamaha had the tendency back in the day to honour their guitars with numbers which denoted their specs. I had an SG 400 or 500 back in the day it was shitty and lifeless. (It was all I could afford back then!) The bigger the number the better -a mate of mine down the road had an SG2000 it was f@kkin  stellar!
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    I thought the 2000 was the LP killer. Yamaha had the tendency back in the day to honour their guitars with numbers which denoted their specs. I had an SG 400 or 500 back in the day it was shitty and lifeless. (It was all I could afford back then!) The bigger the number the better -a mate of mine down the road had an SG2000 it was f@kkin  stellar!
    The 2000 has neck through body construction and the sustain plate under the bridge.

The 1000 is set neck like a Les Paul. No sustain plate.

otherwise they are the same guitar. If anything the 1000 has a better rock tone. The brass sustain plate just adds top end. 
    jeztone2 said:
    The 2000 has neck through body construction and the sustain plate under the bridge.

The 1000 is set neck like a Les Paul. No sustain plate.

otherwise they are the same guitar. If anything the 1000 has a better rock tone. The brass sustain plate just adds top end. 

Interesting comments, which are valid....when you read articles on users back in the day 2000 users weren't keen on 1000s and vice versa......they each seemed to have a fairly polarised set of users, but I've had both in my time and they are both fine guitars, I'd be hard pushed persoanlley to choose one over the other......

and on that note this fine SG1000 is 40 yrs old in less than a weeks time, so many views but no takers yet !
    Cheaper than ebay listings (around £1499 currently)  for a 40 year old stunner with all the trimmings :-)
    ttt
    and again
    it's May !
    lots of views, good price for something that beats most LPs out there