Another newbie PSU question - Joyo PS2 related

McTootMcToot Frets: 2057

The background is that I've never really used a pedal board - just the odd drive pedal into the front and maybe a delay or mod pedal into the loop.  This is despite having bought a T-Rex Tone Trunk board ages ago ( and then been too lazy to set it up). 

But I treated myself to a Flashback X4 the other day and have decided to dust of the Tone Trunk and put a board together. 

Next thing was a PSU and having blown the thick end of £200 on the Flashback, I went cheap on the PSU and got a Joyo PS2.  Now according to the blurb - outputs 1-7 have a max draw of 100mA, while 8 has a max of 500mA.  Then it has a 12v and an 18v slot, both at 100mA. 

Now, the thing is this: I would want the Flashback X4 (300mA) on there, plus a Hardwire chorus (300mA) and an EHX Holy Grail (500mA). 

So assuming I have to put the Holy Grail into output 8, then would the X4 and/or the Hardwire fry the PSU if I put them into 1-7 or would I get away with it?

The Joyo was only £35 delivered so not a big loss.  The other thing is that the Holy Grail has the different type of power jack, which means I may have to use its own power supply anyway, unless one can buy adapters to connect EHX pedals to standard power jacks...?

Any help/advice gratefully received

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• dindudedindude Frets: 8625
    300ma for the chorus sounds a lot, I googled it and if it's the CR-7 it seems to be more in the 80ma range so should be fine off of one if the 100ma outs.

The flashback will definately need the 500ma out, the 100ma outs will be too low. Is the holy grain the nano version? That seems to be just over at 103ma, so really on the edge. What you might be able to do here to be safe is get an adaptor lead, it's like a Y cable, that takes two outputs from the power supply into one pedal socket, giving essentially 200ma, not sure if the joyo supports this or if you can spare a power out on your supply but might be worth exploring. I'll try and google it when I get a moment.
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2057
    Brilliant Dan - many thanks.  The Holy Grail is the full-sized version.  I don't absolutely need it on the board as the Cornford has very nice spring reverb.  It's just that it's not foot-switchable.  I'll look into the y cables, but may just end up ditching the pedal, lush though it is...

• dindudedindude Frets: 8625
    Yeah, I think the holy grail is gonna be a bit tricky with the Joyo, looks like the holy grail draws 200ma-ish, that combined with the different power jack makes it difficult.
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2057
    edited June 2014
    Yep. Come to the same conclusion. Mine is the old HG and I have found the Internet littered with people saying that not even their voodoo lab PP2s could run the pedal, so it looks like I will be using the separate power supply. Started playing about putting the board together last night. It was fun. I can see a new avenue of gas opening up. Should anyone need me I'll be in the fx classifieds... :D