Hayman 2020 worth?

TinaticcyTinaticcy Frets: 0
edited July 2020 in Guitar
Hi guys, 

Can anyone give me advice on how much my Hayman 2020 is worth? I'm new to all this. It needs abit of a refurbishment and a couple of pieces are missing. 

Thanks.

https://linksharing.samsungcloud.com/xJ05NRVlxpjv

https://linksharing.samsungcloud.com/ncYD9LaQ1RKF
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• WezVWezV Frets: 17495
    Need pics really, but likely not a lot compared to one with all the correct parts.    
  • monofinmonofin Frets: 1118
    @impmann is probably the best guy on here to answe

• Tinaticcy said:

.... and a couple of pieces are missing. 

Hmmm... would be good to know which pieces are missing.

A couple of scratchplate screws probably won't make much difference... but if it's missing it's neck and pickups that would be a different story!  :-)

• impmannimpmann Frets: 12766
    Hayman 2020 or 2020H (ie single coil or humbuckers)?

Originality makes a big difference to values - some pictures would really help.

Happy to help out further if needed. :)
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• TinaticcyTinaticcy Frets: 0
    edited July 2020
    Hopefully the links in my original post will now show the missing parts, being one of the white pickup housings and the diamond shaped electrical 'guard' on the back. 

Thanks.
    Ok, it started off life as a single coil instrument but has been routed for two (Dimarzio) humbuckers. This will have a sizeable impact on the value to a collector. As the pickguard should be smoked Perspex, any modification to the routing is visible and not easily disguised. This pickguard looks black in the pictures, if so that’s not original either.
    The pictures don’t show the serial number plate - my gut feeling is this could be one of the guitars sold off at the death of Hayman as unfinished - all of them I’ve seen are missing the control cavity plates.
    Without having it in my hands to check the neck and it being left unstrung are concerns - the truss rod can seize - and I’d like to check over the neck carefully before giving a proper valuation.
    It’s not worth a fortune tbh, even though it’s probably a lovely guitar. This Shergold/Hayman collector would put it in the £350-500 ballpark, and that is tentative and dependant on a thorough check.

I hope that helps. :)

edited July 2020
    Thank you @impmann that's a great detailed response

The pickguard does look black, which as you stated isn't original by the other photos I have seen. 

Below is the pic of the serial number on the back plate.

Thanks for all the help. 

https://linksharing.samsungcloud.com/jeqdsTHEV8Fg
    No problem.

Ah, so it does have a serial... therefore its a production guitar that's been modded.

Depending on where you are in the country (I'm Northants), I'd be happy to give it a thorough look over if that helps.

• HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8122
    And..also depending where you are in the country, I might be interested in acquiring it! ;)

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

I'm situated in Nottinghamshire, I am interested in offers for the guitar. 
  • longshinslongshins Frets: 262
    I got £700 for my 2020H in decent condition but with a refret. Hope that helps?
    longshins said:
    I got £700 for my 2020H in decent condition but with a refret. Hope that helps?
    Yes, I think that backs up my valuation - in view of the mods etc.

• KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 20586
    And..also depending where you are in the universe, I might be interested in acquiring it! ;)
    FTFY  ;)
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8122
    And..also depending where you are in the universe, I might be interested in acquiring it! ;)
    FTFY  ;)

True...

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/