Lava Me 2

blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2934
Good Evening Y’all 

Hope you are all safe and sound.  

Anyone got a Lava guitar?  I keep checking them out online and really fancy buying one.  Don’t think they are in UK shops,  but has anyone bought one? What’s the crack? Pros/Cons?  All hype? 

I would be interested to hear any experiences of these guitars :)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• tony99tony99 Frets: 7448

I like the sound of this...

The AirSonic carbon fiber has a new breakthrough:

The Super AirSonic has the same weight as the AirSonic, but it’s 20% stronger. Which means it has a higher flexural modulus.

and...

The geometry shape of flyneck utilize the parametrization theory to design. According to the different force bearing paints above the neck to optimize playing experience
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7343
    edited July 2020 tFB Trader
    I've got one here at the minute.

It plays very nicely and is well made. The onboard effects work well. I thought it would be a bit louder than it is though.
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2934

It plays very nicely and is well made. The onboard effects work well. I thought it works be a bit louder than it is though.
    Thanks Steve. Is it yours or a customers?

Amazon seem to be the cheapest at £699 and have all colours in stock. The back of white model seems to be the one I keep looking at, although the pink looks mighty fine. 
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7343
    tFB Trader
    It belongs to a friend. It's not something I'd buy TBH but interesting to try.
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4386
    blueskunk said:

It plays very nicely and is well made. The onboard effects work well. I thought it works be a bit louder than it is though.

Amazon seem to be the cheapest at £699 and have all colours in stock. The back of white model seems to be the one I keep looking at, although the pink looks mighty fine. 
    Even cheaper here:

https://www.thomann.de/gb/lava_music_lava_me_2_e_bk.htm

blueskunk said:

Even cheaper here:

https://www.thomann.de/gb/lava_music_lava_me_2_e_bk.htm

I noticed this one. I don’t think it’s got the free boost fx ?
    Ah my mistake, didn't notice that. I have to say though, there's a hell of a lot of fluff in their marketing that makes me a little sceptical of these!
    Ah my mistake, didn't notice that. I have to say though, there's a hell of a lot of fluff in their marketing that makes me a little sceptical of these!
    What are your thoughts sir? I would be interested to hear as I’d be buying blind, as it were.
    Genuinely, not much! It's just that the descriptions are so vague and sales-heavy that it's hard to tell anything about the guitars themselves. I'm intrigued by the concept, but that website feels more like I'm buying a pair of shoes than a guitar! It seems strange that there's no media/soundclips of them on there either - they've clearly put some decent effort into the rest of the site.

That said, if you're buying online then you'll have the option to return it if it's a total dog, or you may be pleasantly surprised - only one way to find out :)
    Thanks man. I haven’t spent time on their website, I watched the lovely Mary Spender review and thought it was an interesting guitar :)

Wonder if any will come up second hand soon ha, I’ll see what happens.