New Taylor Swift - with Bon Iver and a Dessner

What's Hot

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17597
    tFB Trader
    Anyone with Disney+ should check out the Live session of Folklore from Long Pond Studio.

Really superb and adds a lot of background on the songs and links between the characters who feature in each song etc. Adds additional depth to what is already my favourite album of 2020.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • droflufdrofluf Frets: 3681
    Thanks, that might be the nudge that I need to get me to restart my Disney subscription
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6388
    Ta @monquixote was beginning to thibk Disney+ was only about The Madolorian and waiting for Foundation !
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5410
    Jalapeno said:
    Ta @monquixote was beginning to thibk Disney+ was only about The Madolorian and waiting for Foundation !
    Foundation isn't on Disney+. It's an AppleTV production.
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 982
    Anyone with Disney+ should check out the Live session of Folklore from Long Pond Studio.

Really superb and adds a lot of background on the songs and links between the characters who feature in each song etc. Adds additional depth to what is already my favourite album of 2020.
    Cheers @monquixote ;
    Listened to the first couple of songs from this, this evening. Tbh I wouldn’t have recognised it was her, especially with a pair of headphones on.

That 2nd track Cardigan, the vocal is straight from one of her 1989 album songs Wildest Dreams.
    Well well well... more coming tomorrow...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-55262510
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Whitecat said:
    Well well well... more coming tomorrow...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-55262510
    Thanks! Will Folklore, my favourite album of the year be displaced?
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17597
    tFB Trader
    Yipes, that's crazy.

It's 17 tracks as well.

I know she's rerecording all of her songs as exact recreations, but I'd really love it if she also rerecorded a bunch of them in the style of Folklore.
  • MrsF is very excited. So am I...
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6388
    edited December 2020
    She's unstoppable at the moment ! (Taylor that is not your missus ;) )
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • Listening to the new album right now, 4 tracks in and it’s very good so far.
  • Yeah, it's good. Like Folklore but made with more confidence swagger. Which is understandable, because basically everyone in the world agrees Folklore is easily one of the best records of the year.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    Enjoying it here too.
  • Its slightly poppier vocally, harmony wise but wow again. 
    Whitecat said:
    Just listening to this today. What a brilliant album. The funny thing is I can almost imagine them releasing some of these songs with the vocal replaced by a typically weary-sounding Matt Berninger and we'd all be going "holy shit the new National record is incredible!"
    And there he is. Are they reading this thread??
    Ooo super excited for this.

Anyone who thinks Taylor Swift is just a pop princess without substance give this a watch:

You were preaching to the converted but a great set nonetheless. Well worth a watch
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Hmmmm

So her new song is my top Recommendation on YouTube today.  Now I don't mind her at all, but I have never watched anything of hers on YouTube, and never been to this thread before.

It isn't an add, it is just top on the recommendations.

This is poor by YouTube in my opinion.  

It is surrounded by Warzone, Guitars, and Football highlights.  Bands who I love such as Jimmy Eat World etc... have never shown up when releasing an album.  Even though I watch most of those videos.

• joeyowen said:
    Hmmmm

So her new song is my top Recommendation on YouTube today.  Now I don't mind her at all, but I have never watched anything of hers on YouTube, and never been to this thread before.

It is surrounded by Warzone, Guitars, and Football highlights.  Bands who I love such as Jimmy Eat World etc... have never shown up when releasing an album.  Even though I watch most of those videos.

Its one of the biggest releases of 2020. I imagine if Beyoncé released a new record, itd be there too. $$$ 
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    joeyowen said:
    Hmmmm

Its one of the biggest releases of 2020. I imagine if Beyoncé released a new record, itd be there too. $$$ 
    Maybe, but I've used YouTube for years daily. It's my TV really.  I've never had it before.  

I hope it isn't a sign of things to come (although I use adblock on my PC, so maybe I'm part of the problem)
  • I am really trying to get into these new releases. I listened to the first half of Folklore on the way home from work last night and can't say I was blown off my feet. The standouts for me were the track with Bon Iver and Seven. I see people raving about Cardigan but it seemed to pass me by.....