SotM #61 - The winner is...

What's Hot
The winner of Solo of the Month #61 is:

1st : @digitalkettle : 19 points. Congratulations.

Joint 2nd/3rd : @Stinkfoot & stratman3142 : 15 points

Thanks to all that entered. Also, special thanks to @digitalkettle who provided the backing track for this one.

It's not a competition.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Yay...well done everyone...looking forward to the next!
  • fastonebazfastonebaz Frets: 4091
    Nice one Mr Kettle.  

Cheers Stratman
  • Another very worthy winner - well done. And some really nice playing all round in these entries.

I'm so glad to have discovered this on here. Having had 4 months of furlough which turned to redundancy, I had the best opportunity ever to focus on my playing. But i totally lost all interest, and with my band on hiatus there was no incentive to practice. I barely picked up the guitar for a couple of months. Having the ready made backing tracks to work with on these solo challenges really helped me get back into it again, and I've been playing a lot more again recently.

So thanks for running these and for the excellent backing tracks. Look forward to future ones!

Cheers!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Stinkfoot said:

...So thanks for running these and for the excellent backing tracks. Look forward to future ones!

Thanks for the thanks.

Remember, anyone can create a backing track if they feel inclined, so thanks again to @digitalkettle for this one.

The new SotM is up.

https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/187019/solo-of-the-month-sotm-62-challenge#latest

It's not a competition.
  • Stinkfoot said:
    I'm so glad to have discovered this on here. Having had 4 months of furlough which turned to redundancy, I had the best opportunity ever to focus on my playing. But i totally lost all interest, and with my band on hiatus there was no incentive to practice. I barely picked up the guitar for a couple of months. Having the ready made backing tracks to work with on these solo challenges really helped me get back into it again, and I've been playing a lot more again recently.
    Sorry to hear that. It's pretty rewarding to be involved in something that offers a bit of a distraction to all the crap around us. I missed the first fifty or so SotMs but already it's good when someone joins in for the first time or comes back after a long break. I'm amazed there aren't more entries per month but voting would be a bugger if there were hundreds ;)

I also checked out your band page and found your showcase vid: that's a tidy gig and you're getting those parts down!
  • BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5850
    Great solo, well done!
    Only a Fool Would Say That.

• I also checked out your band page and found your showcase vid: that's a tidy gig and you're getting those parts down!
    Thanks for that mate......can't quite remember how playing in a band works again now!