4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3835
    Live fast, die young. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6788
    Lebarque said:
    Live fast, die young. 
    don’t talk about things up your bum........
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    So do the naughty kids now have to hang out in Politics and Economics section?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    What do you mean “now” ?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16089
    I think a new category titled "Funny Farm " would self deprecate the posters and provide amusement for others .
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9525
    Great news. 
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4909
    It's sad that it took "Parody" with it though.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • lasermonkeylasermonkey Frets: 1940
    Lebarque said:
    Live fast, die young. 
    .. And leave a beautiful cor....

Oh.
    My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22772
    What do you mean “now” ?
    How's the "Coronavirus" section going?  It seemed to be filling up with endless pseudo-scientific debates and links to very long boring American YouTube videos - rather like the old Flat Earth thread, but a lot less entertaining.  So I hid it some time ago and haven't felt much inclination to go back.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14422
    Philly_Q said:
    How's the "Coronavirus" section going?
    Not well. It is difficult to hold a reasoned debate with people who pay no heed to evidence. 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    Philly_Q said:
    What do you mean “now” ?
    How's the "Coronavirus" section going?  It seemed to be filling up with endless pseudo-scientific debates and links to very long boring American YouTube videos - rather like the old Flat Earth thread, but a lot less entertaining.  So I hid it some time ago and haven't felt much inclination to go back.
    The flag count is pretty low for the Coronavirus sub forum actually.. 

It’s certainly a lot lower than BCD was getting.. but the classifieds still attract the most flags.
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2423

It’s certainly a lot lower than BCD was getting.. but the classifieds still attract the most flags.
    I’m intrigued by that. Apart from the occasional fake and posts questioning the asking price what else is there to flag? Genuine question.
  • fastonebazfastonebaz Frets: 4091
    Jimbro66 said:

I’m intrigued by that. Apart from the occasional fake and posts questioning the asking price what else is there to flag? Genuine question.
    @Jimbro66 people mocking,  derailing, abusing, goading, trolling, highjacking sales ads etc.
    Jimbro66 said:

@Jimbro66 people mocking,  derailing, abusing, goading, trolling, highjacking sales ads etc.
    The vast majority are about deleted content - especially prices. It happens a lot. 

It would appear that no matter the font size you use people don’t get the fact that the rules say “do not delete classifieds content after a sale”
    Oh, and it’s a pain in the backside because we have to sift through every single post edit for that time stamp and restore it....
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33791
    edited August 2020
    Could you set the original post for a sale to lock from being edited further after a day or so after it was first created?
    I get that people like to add things and edit as they go but if we all understand that you can't do that anymore then it might stop content from being deleted.
    octatonic said:
    I set the original post for a sale to lock from being edited further after a day or so after it was first created?
    I get that people like to add things and edit as they go but if we all understand that you can;t do that anymore then it might stop content from being deleted.
    You have to list multiple items in the same sub forum in one post to reduce the thread count and make it fair, which would be a nightmare without editing..
  • MolochMoloch Frets: 694
    octatonic said:
    I set the original post for a sale to lock from being edited further after a day or so after it was first created?
    I get that people like to add things and edit as they go but if we all understand that you can;t do that anymore then it might stop content from being deleted.
    You have to list multiple items in the same sub forum in one post to reduce the thread count and make it fair, which would be a nightmare without editing..

It also presumably wouldn't allow one to add 'Sold' to the title, which would make the Fretboard classifieds the official internet Centre of Disappointment.
    Moloch said:
    octatonic said:

It also presumably wouldn't allow one to add 'Sold' to the title, which would make the Fretboard classifieds the official internet Centre of Disappointment.
    One could argue it already is ;)
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8701
    Remember that many Classified users don’t use the forum for much else, and don’t care about it. There’s a crowd who treat us as a cheap alternative to ebay, and get angry when reminded of our rules, or asked to actually price or describe their guitar. 
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.