2»

Comments

• steveledzepsteveledzep Frets: 1174
    I used to frequent a HiFi forum Pink Fish Media.  You couldn't sell in the classifieds until you'd made a certain number of posts, 50 IIRC.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    edited August 2020
    I used to frequent a HiFi forum Pink Fish Media.  You couldn't sell in the classifieds until you'd made a certain number of posts, 50 IIRC.
    I know it’s cynical, but you’d get bored very quickly of each new member posting “I agree” x50 so they can get access to the classifieds to sell a Squier Tele with no pictures and no price...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • steveledzepsteveledzep Frets: 1174
    I know it’s cynical, but you’d get bored very quickly of each new member posting “I agree” x50 so they can get access to the classifieds to sell a Squier Tele with no pictures and no price...
    Yes, that happened to an extent.  The mods were on top and moved them on quickly, that's just more work for you guys though.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28329
    So it's gone then. I find that disappointing and rather heavy handed. There was a use to that forum, we just didn't need the dumb threads that looked offensive by their title. I liked a place where you could discuss personal issues that wasn't seen unless you were a member. Oh well, it's not my forum ...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Yes, that happened to an extent.  The mods were on top and moved them on quickly, that's just more work for you guys though.
    Yeah - the classifieds takes up enough time as it is! It’s mostly new members and members who only post in the classifieds..
    axisus said:
    So it's gone then. I find that disappointing and rather heavy handed. There was a use to that forum, we just didn't need the dumb threads that looked offensive by their title. I liked a place where you could discuss personal issues that wasn't seen unless you were a member. Oh well, it's not my forum ...
    Heavy handed or not, we did it because no matter how many countless warnings, coolerings and bans we hand out, there’s a growing number of members who seem to be determined to push the limits and test the mods. 

We are bored of the testing. Bored of the warnings. Bored of the puerile flagging and petty arguing. Bored of the time it takes to sort out crap postings and arguments in an off topic area.

So, short sharp shock time. Lots won’t like it. Tough. There’s been enough warnings to play nice and to think before you post. 
    Oh, and completely and utterly bored of the “do this now or I’ll take legal action/report it/cry/throw my toys” etc. demands that people think they can make.
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9524
    Oh, and completely and utterly bored of the “do this now or I’ll take legal action/report it/cry/throw my toys” etc. demands that people think they can make.
    I thinks the mods are like Nazi police...

I mean, surely they have lots of time to spend pandering to these needy, self opinionated, self righteous little knob heads who appear with increasing frequency on our beloved forum ?

Mods... you need to more sensitive to their half baked ideas, notions and sexual deficiences that they have the right to exercise on here. Surely ?

As my Dad would say (to them);

”... There’s two Bs in balls as well as bollocks...”

(aside: feel better now)
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14422
    Something went very wrong with this country when corporal punishment was ended in state schools.

Children have been raised in the belief that nobody is allowed to be unpleasant to them, about anything, ever. Every one of them seems to expect lavish praise or shiny awards just for continuing to breathe.

The real world must come as a nasty shock. Conscription for six months‘ basic training would soon sort ‘em out. Then, when they think that life can not get any more unfair, there will be taxation.

You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33791
    Something went very wrong with this country when corporal punishment was ended in state schools.

Children have been raised in the belief that nobody is allowed to be unpleasant to them, about anything, ever. Every one of them seems to expect lavish praise or shiny awards just for continuing to breathe.

The real world must come as a nasty shock. Conscription for six months‘ basic training would soon sort ‘em out. Then, when they think that life can not get any more unfair, there will be taxation.

I hope you are kidding here.
  • Something went very wrong with this country when corporal punishment was ended in state schools.

Great shitpost mate, this one ought to reel a few folk in. 
  • Something went very wrong with this country when corporal punishment was ended in state schools.

This belongs in MaxRossell's anal thread.

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9099

Rule 1 being broken right there!!!!
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8600
    And like a phoenix from the ashes... 
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4909
    The resurrection!  It's a miracle!

• guitartangoguitartango Frets: 1018
    Nitefly said:
    The resurrection!  It's a miracle!

But only if we could find 3 wise men :)
    “Ken sent me.”
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696

This belongs in MaxRossell's anal thread.
    MaxRosswell is now Tex Mexico now..
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
    Have you got a link to this Squier Tele please?  ;)
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    Hattigol said:
    Have you got a link to this Squier Tele please?  ;)
    No, thread got canned as there were no pics and it was a fake..