SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD Tokai Hardpuncher (P copy) - not ‘80’s!

What's Hot
robwrightrobwright Frets: 736
edited August 2020 in Basses £
A very fine P bass from the very fine Tokai! It is strung with flat wounds which give it ‘instant Motown’. Great condition (just a coupe of minor dings) and a heavenly neck! Also has an upgraded Wilkinson pup. Plays and sounds bootiful! 

I’ve only had it a short time but have to thin the herd, but only to make way for new calves!

Don’t know how old It is - seller told me it was 90’s but I don’t know when they changed headstock design. The newer Chinese ones seen to have the F copy headstock but apparently there were some Korean ones with this design. Someone with greater Tokai knowledge may be able to comment. 

I’m looking for £295 delivered but if that is way out, please say. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14324
    Good solid instrument. Shame about the daft model name. (It needed to occupy the same area as a CBS era Letraset typeface decal.)

Proper rosewood fingerboard. Speaking of which, what is the nut width, please?
    Be seeing you.
  • robwrightrobwright Frets: 736
    Sorry @Funkfingers - only just seen this. Will measure me nuts in the morning! 

• prowlaprowla Frets: 4896
    Good solid instrument. Shame about the daft model name. (It needed to occupy the same area as a CBS era Letraset typeface decal.)

I think the name is quite quaint; probably a translation of something meaningful.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Bumping the low end! 

• GuyRGuyR Frets: 1323
    If it is any use, the sharpened headstock shape was introduced in 1985, so this could well be an older bass. I'm not sure when it was discontinued. Nice bass, surprised it is still here.
    Thanks @GuyR - that’s really helpful. Apparently the older Tokais had truss rod adjustment at the body end while the newer (and apparently inferior!) ones have adjustment at the headstock end! Mine is deffo at the body end!!

Looks like the guy I bought it off was right!!

• thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    prowla said:

I think the name is quite quaint; probably a translation of something meaningful.
    Never thought of that before, could be a word from the martial arts or something.

Happy playing to whoever bought it, seems like a bargain.