New Rig Day!

What's Hot
fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 23966

18kg (40lb)
Wheels
133db

That tiny Hotone amp on top is only 5W. Through this cab it is hilariously loud! My Mark Bass sounds fantastic with it. I'll try the Darkglass later on.

Sounds very different to the Barefaced One10 cabs I've got as well. 
I like it.
0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    I saw the photo on facebook via my phone and completely missed the little amp on top!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6021
    Congratulations, looks like a real trouser flapper!
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 23966
    I saw the photo on facebook via my phone and completely missed the little amp on top!
    It's really good - sounds very much like an Ampeg and it's cheaper than most of my pedals.
    Perfect lounge bass amp I reckon.
  • BasherBasher Frets: 1199
    Barefaced would be my first port of call if I was after a bass cabinet. 
    Really like the idea of the Big Baby II and also being able to use it with a modelling pedal + power amp for guitar.

Looks brilliant and, assuming that's your Sandberg Superlight, you've got an amazingly powerful setup at an unbelievably modest weight! 
  • enjoenjo Frets: 250
    I had to scroll back up when I saw you mention the amp - completely missed it!
    Awesome.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 23966
    Basher said:
    Barefaced would be my first port of call if I was after a bass cabinet. 
    Really like the idea of the Big Baby II and also being able to use it with a modelling pedal + power amp for guitar.

Looks brilliant and, assuming that's your Sandberg Superlight, you've got an amazingly powerful setup at an unbelievably modest weight! 
    That is indeed my Superlight. Amazing bass!

I'm actually giving some thought to selling my One10 cabs and using the funds for a Big Baby 2 to pair up with my Helix for guitar duties.

I'm highly likely to get a Neural Quad Cortex when they are on general sale, hopefully sometime next year, and the BB2 would go nicely with that as well.

I did think about the Big Twin 2 as a 1 cab to rule them all, but I generally don't like tweeters in bass cabs and the additional size meant that boot space was pretty much all taken up.

Then I heard Alex's new demos of the cabs and the Super Compact (my Super Twin is basically 2 of them in 1 box) had something amazing going on in the low mids that the BB2 didn't (for bass use). 

The only thing I didn't expect was that with the One10 cabs I really like flats on my Sandberg and my 32 scale Ibby 5, but I think rounds might suit the new cab more.

I'm not going to spend loads on new strings just yet as I still need to learn to EQ in the new cab, and as it's brand new it will need a bit of time to loosen up a bit. Might have to stick an iPod into my amp and just let it play all day to help it along a bit.

Although the BF manual suggests a few hours of playing loud - loud in BF language is a bit over the top! :D 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom