SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Removed

What's Hot
dombennisondombennison Frets: 111
edited August 2020 in Basses £

Removed

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• 5redlights5redlights Frets: 317
    Harley Benton do a RB copy, and it seems to get a lot of praise. Would be delivered in budget for you. Will probably have better pickups than some of the copies you've listed too. 
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14410
    edited August 2020
    R___________ copy
    Controversial!
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3185
    Have you read the rules around copies?
  • Have you read the rules around copies?
    Oops! Didn’t think with it being a wanted ad and thinking of the Tokai Rockinbetters - I’ve removed the ad now
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14410
    edited August 2020
    The full R word is easily searchable by Mr. Hall’s trade mark enforcement department. Hence, it is unwise to use except in conjunction with the genuine products.

RIC is a registered trade mark of R____________ International Corporation but searching for it is going to produce more hits than any sane person could sift within a reasonable time span.

Acceptable euphemisms include R, R-Type and “litigious and expensive Californian“.

My experience with R-Type bass guitars is that only examples constructed like the real thing sound like the real thing. (Even unplugged!)

I love the sound that Barry Adamson of Magazine got from his Ibanez 2389 but it is never quite the sound of a real one … and not just because it is smothered in BOSS CE-1 chorus.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom