Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Can you find out why you are on someone's "ignore" list?

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    After wading my way through all this utter shite, I’m putting you all on ignore.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14324
    I employ inductive reasoning.

Imagine, if you will, that I answer a technical question in the Making & Modding section. No response from the OP. Nadda, zip, tumbleweed.

Later, the near-identical solution is posted by somebody else. That other post is either wizzed by the OP or acknowledged in writing with follow-up questions. 

The inferences I take are that the OP is either a very lazy reader, jumping directly to the last few posts in the thread or selectively blind. The OP cannot respond to posts that he or she has chosen to ignore.

When this happens more than once, I cease bothering to answer technical questions from that source, even when nobody else seems to have a solution to the problem.

Be seeing you.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • diapdiap Frets: 135
    The ignore function on this forum is pish anyway. You still see that ignored people have posted, and you can read their post with just a click, or you see it if someone quotes it. I know you can chose not to, but sometimes it's like picking a scab. You just can't help yourself!
    Some forums when you ignore someone they just properly disappear! You have no idea of their continued existence! If ever there was a forum that needed that kind of functionality it is this one.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ftumchftumch Frets: 679
    edited November 2020
    I just dont understand the ignore function at all tbh. Surely a grown adult has the ability to read something and not agree with it/like it without having to have a button so they can pretend that person doesnt exist. Seems pretty petty to me. If it's really an issue, just dont read their posts right? I'm pretty sure 90% of the forum has me on ignore based on responses I get from my posts but I'm not really bothered :) 
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8176
    Anyone heard from @ftumch lately??
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16547

Imagine, if you will, that I answer a technical question in the Making & Modding section. No response from the OP. Nadda, zip, tumbleweed.

Later, the near-identical solution is posted by somebody else. That other post is either wizzed by the OP or acknowledged in writing with follow-up questions. 

I know exactly what you mean!  

• I've never put anyone on ignore but I did hide the Cockwomble Coronavirus section in an attempt to prevent me from becoming any more misanthropic than I already am.
    “To a man with a hammer every problem looks like a nail.”
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71963
    For the first time ever I've just put someone on ignore, because he asked me to stop replying to his posts, and I'll probably forget otherwise.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

1reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 6914
    tFB Trader
    Is that the guy who'd had enough of "experts" @ICBM ;?
    Is that the guy who'd had enough of "experts" @ICBM ;?
    Someone who I think has taken some things I've said in a way which was not intended. But if he'd prefer I didn't reply in future then I will comply with his request.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14324
    ICBM said:
    Someone who I think has taken some things I've said in a way which was not intended. 
    You have probably exposed that forumite to the possibility that he - it will be a male - does not know quite as much about gear as he previously believed.

Some of us are comfortable with the notion that, no matter how much we know, there is always more to learn. Others found their confidence on a (false) sense of superiority. Like it's a competition.

I recall somebody on an American forum who could not abide being corrected on terms such as coil split versus coil tap. Another went ballistic if I corrected his punctuation when I quoted his posts when replying to them.

In short, some people like to feel clever. Genuinely clever people realise how unimportant their cleverness is and make no fuss about it.
    Be seeing you.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    I wouldn't read that much into it. I think it was simply someone misinterpreting my intentions in posting something and thinking I was getting at him.

Anyway, if he's reading this the reason I put him on ignore is simply so I don't forget in the future and reply to one of his posts.

• MellishMellish Frets: 945
    edited December 2021
    I've not read most of this so apologies if I'm repeating others. But on a mobile it's incredibly easy to put someone on ignore without meaning to, or giving lols or wizs you didn't intend. You can undo all that, though. It's just that the lols/wizs will be obvious and the ignore won't. 

• I have 6 people on Ignore, however, that could most possibly  show more about me than them.............Apart from the Goon a few days ago pulling apart my for sale ad in a self grandiose way, he deserves more than a click, on the ignore button :D:D:D
  • I had never used the function but recently I found myself getting very annoyed with someone and even more recently someone posted something of such huge fuckwittery that my head wanted to explode so they are both on my ignore list now. 
    I’m generally against having arguments on the internet, seems to be that fuckwits have a lot more time and energy to invest than I do so what’s the point. So, the ignore function is useful and I can reclaim this as a reasonable space. 
    Although yes it would be interesting to know if I’m on someone else’s list and why. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • MellishMellish Frets: 945
    edited December 2021
    @EricTheWeary how right you are mate. Ignore is very helpful. Just a shame it's needed :(
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2739
    But there’s no way I want the 2 people on my Ignore list to know that I have them on there, nor why, nor entering an argument about it.   Sort of defeats the argument.  I could accept the mods asking us to click e.g. one of 5 reasons as to why  (they keep bullying me/ they post unreasonable views on politics, equality, religion etc / I find their jokes unfunny/ they called me a rude name / I just don’t have the mental energy to read any more of their diatribe) or similar.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    sev112 said:
    But there’s no way I want the 2 people on my Ignore list to know that I have them on there, nor why, nor entering an argument about it.   Sort of defeats the argument.  I could accept the mods asking us to click e.g. one of 5 reasons as to why  (they keep bullying me/ they post unreasonable views on politics, equality, religion etc / I find their jokes unfunny/ they called me a rude name / I just don’t have the mental energy to read any more of their diatribe) or similar.

Nah, we will never ask for a reason. Your ignore list is your business and yours alone. Why you want to ignore someone is irrelevant.