Something gone tits...Very early days of learning

What's Hot
One of my little routines on practice is the simple intro into Chasing cars. It gives my fingers a stretch and my teacher has tasked me with perfecting the whole song. After a few attempts I was getting buzzing and bum notes. This went on for a few mins with no improvement. Picked up my electric and it was better but not great. It was bloody painful on my little finger too. It has always been quite hard to get it to ring nicely but impossible today. Just wondering if my guitar has decided to misbehave??
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• AdiAdi Frets: 331
    Perfectly normal, it's just disposition of the day , sometimes it just goes well and sometimes you keeping tripping up on the simplest of things, my advice is don't force it , go and have a cuppa , go for a walk etc and then come back to your practice and see if it goes better
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8176
    It's all about muscle memory. In the early stages, it's easy for your muscles to 'forget' what they were doing perfectly well the day before. You'll get there. As @Adi said, take a break and come back to it.
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
  • lapua65lapua65 Frets: 42
    Thanks for the responses. What I have noticed is that after playing only my Telecaster and 335 for the last week or two, the acoustic is causing difficulties. Been playing for a couple of hours tonight on the acoustic, then picking up the electric. The electric feels far easier to get the notes ringing. I still prefer the acoustic so have no intention in packing it in.
  • When I focus more on the electric I try to fit in a morning or afternoon session with the acoustic. Usually 10-30minutes. It can make a difference if you have the time.
    I have the same issue as you if I don’t pick up the acoustic frequently. I also found the acoustic much easier to play with lighter strings. I have a light gauge on at the moment. It took a while to get used to the sound of them, brighter sounding. 

• lapua65 said:
    Thanks for the responses. What I have noticed is that after playing only my Telecaster and 335 for the last week or two, the acoustic is causing difficulties. Been playing for a couple of hours tonight on the acoustic, then picking up the electric. The electric feels far easier to get the notes ringing. I still prefer the acoustic so have no intention in packing it in.
    You exert more pressure on a string when playing acoustic, so when you goo to electric you use the same pressure on lighter strings   which is why the electric feels easier and more responsive 
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk