Scott Mishoe - Guitar On The Edge feature in Guitar Techniques

What's Hot
Would anyone know what issue Scott Mishoe was featured in Guitar Techniques?  There was a Mike Varney column called Guitar On The Edge and he was in that.  

I'm guessing November 1995, from a Music Brainz database, but I can't be sure.  

Can someone check it please?  @DLM ; I bet you have it in your archives!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1036
    Would anyone know what issue Scott Mishoe was featured in Guitar Techniques?  There was a Mike Varney column called Guitar On The Edge and he was in that.  

I'd also be interested - complete coincidence, but I emailed Scott recently for one of his tuition packs (some mad tapping lesson), so if you do have it @DLM ...  =)  

(Scott got back - sounds like he's had a bit of a crap year but he's going to be in touch once he's dug the stuff out!)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723

I'd also be interested - complete coincidence, but I emailed Scott recently for one of his tuition packs (some mad tapping lesson), so if you do have it @DLM ...  =)  

(Scott got back - sounds like he's had a bit of a crap year but he's going to be in touch once he's dug the stuff out!)
    What does he charge for his tuition packs?  

I just subscribed to his YT channel and saw a video where he mentioned them.  
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    There's a name from the past! If I remember correctly he was the guy who developed a slapping technique on guitar?
    axisus said:
    There's a name from the past! If I remember correctly he was the guy who developed a slapping technique on guitar?
    Yeah, that's the guy.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zca9aAmMYw4

• aspnetaspnet Frets: 46
    edited August 2020
    You're right - it was the Nov 95 issue. I can try and scan it for you tomorrow if no one has it to hand
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    aspnet said:
    You're right - it was the Nov 95 issue. I can try and scan it for you tomorrow if no one has it to hand
    Yes please, that would be fab.  
    edited August 2020
    aspnet said:
    Done. PM me your email address and I'll send you the PDF

@Vibetronic - did you want a copy as well?
    aspnet said:
    aspnet said:
    Done. PM me your email address and I'll send you the PDF
    @aspnet - can I be cheeky and ask for the same, please?  =)

The one I wanted was this one: https://www.truthinshredding.com/2015/01/scott-mishoe-intense-tapping-licks-vol2.html

It's the bit from about 8s in that I really like. His FB page just says to contact him for details, so no price I'm afraid. 
    edited August 2020

Sure - looks like we crossed posts as I was updating my last post:-)

Ping me your email address and I'll send it through
    aspnet said:

Sure - looks like we crossed posts as I was updating my last post:-)

Ping me your email address and I'll send it through
     =) We did indeed! Many thanks - have PM'd.
    @aspnet done and thank you!!

The one I wanted was this one: https://www.truthinshredding.com/2015/01/scott-mishoe-intense-tapping-licks-vol2.html

It's the bit from about 8s in that I really like. His FB page just says to contact him for details, so no price I'm afraid. 
    That's some mad tapping.  It sounds like an exercise from a Dave Celantano book called Over The Top.  

That's some mad tapping.  It sounds like an exercise from a Dave Celantano book called Over The Top.  
    thanks - have just got hold of that one too now :)

Many thanks @aspnet - will take a good look today!
    Thanks also @aspnet. ; I found the audio of the lesson online.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbC4mK-ulKs
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    @bingefeller @Vibetronic Sorry, chaps. Only just pulled myself together to reply. I was offline a bit, then when I came back (really, it was less than 24hrs, I'm sure!) I saw you'd been sorted. Cool! :)

I hope better times shine upon Scott, he's a monster. I wasn't able to make anything out of the GT transcription when I first got my grubby mitts on it years ago, and I doubt I'd fare better these days: I struggle to get any double-thumbing going at all on the bass, let alone on the guitar.
  • DLM said:
    @bingefeller @Vibetronic Sorry, chaps. Only just pulled myself together to reply. I was offline a bit, then when I came back (really, it was less than 24hrs, I'm sure!) I saw you'd been sorted. Cool! :)

I hope better times shine upon Scott, he's a monster. I wasn't able to make anything out of the GT transcription when I first got my grubby mitts on it years ago, and I doubt I'd fare better these days: I struggle to get any double-thumbing going at all on the bass, let alone on the guitar.
    Yeah it's a challening one for sure.  I struggle with the intro to Mean Street!
    @bingefeller @DLM  - thread resurrection! I heard back from Scott yesterday after a while and sounds like he's back up and running. Have just paid for his lesson packs so will hopefully have them soon!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    @Vibetronic Yay! Please continue to keep us updated!
    DLM said:
    @Vibetronic Yay! Please continue to keep us updated!
    Got them all now. There's Intense Tapping 1 & 2, plus Back to Basics 2 Handed Tapping, plus an etude he's written. There's a lot of stuff in there - plus sound clips of it all slow/fast (and amazingly clean!) - and it's all really rather hard. Some of it's stuff that's very similar to things I've worked on or come up with myself, but a lot of it is new and difficult with fingering combinations/hammering & tapping patterns I wouldn't normally use. Going to keep me busy for a while! I just love the sound of that stuff, it's so fluid. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom