Scott Mishoe - Guitar On The Edge feature in Guitar Techniques

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• @bingefeller @DLM  - thread resurrection! I heard back from Scott yesterday after a while and sounds like he's back up and running. Have just paid for his lesson packs so will hopefully have them soon!
    nice one!   Are his tapping lessons really difficult?  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1036
    @bingefeller @DLM  - thread resurrection! I heard back from Scott yesterday after a while and sounds like he's back up and running. Have just paid for his lesson packs so will hopefully have them soon!
    nice one!   Are his tapping lessons really difficult?  
    They are pretty hard; it's generally all 2-handed stuff, no pick, and quite a bit of it is initiated with the left hand. I'm ok with that - but it's the way he does it that's difficult. I'm used to say hammering on the 5th fret on A, then 7 on E, back to 5 on A then 9 (all LH) and then tap on 14 to start a Bm arpeggio - builds up a bit of momentum....but he does stuff like hammer on 5 on low E, tap on 12 back to 5, hammer 7 on A, tap on 14 back to 7 etc....just not a way I'm familiar with, so it's tricky getting used to it. Quite hard to explain :) There's some really nice stuff in there but it'll take a lot of work - and I think he uses a string mute too, which I try and avoid. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    – Necrobump warning! –

Unexpectedly recommended this on YT:

Good to see he's still playing!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I wonder if he's using compression or simply hand strength to get tthose notes to come out like that?  If you weren't looking you would think a lot of the hammered on from nowhere notes are picked.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom