A satisfying job

What's Hot
mbembe Frets: 1840
Music Radar reaches new heights of ugly hyperbole.

They review the Michael Kelly Elements Jazz Bass knockoff and the dark cloud of scratchy pots has a soothing silver lining.

"Annoyingly, the pots are a bit scratchy, but it's just a matter of taking the controls knobs off and the backplate and getting in there with the air duster. Besides, it's always a satisfying job."

To be fair, they award it 3.5/5 for this £849 msrp bass.

https://www.musicradar.com/reviews/michael-kelly-custom-collection-element-4
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I'm not convinced that's always a satisfying job, nor one that's always fixes scratchy pots!  :o
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72321
    The reviewer was clearly a bit distracted, and it detracts slightly from the review.

It also has local anti-gravity, since the bridge adds mass but not weight. There should be a Nobel Prize in that...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14424
    Observation #1) Reviewer suffering from word count disease. 

Observation #2) Reviewer comments betray a guitarist‘s perspective. He communicates almost nothing to which bassists would relate.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • mbembe Frets: 1840
    ICBM said:

It also has local anti-gravity, since the bridge adds mass but not weight. There should be a Nobel Prize in that...
    Reviewer probably thinks a ton of lead is heavier than a ton of feathers.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom