What key is SCOM?

What's Hot
RockerRocker Frets: 4978
I know the recording by GNR is half a step down, but playing it in standard tuning, I use the chords D, C, G and A.  These are all major chords but they seem to 'fit' and sound good.  I am not sure if the key is D or G, so someone who knows, please clarify this for me.  Thanks.
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• It changes. D mixolydian up until the guitar solo, at which point it moves to E minor and stays there for the rest of the track.
    My YouTube channel, Half Speed Solos: classic guitar solos demonstrated at half speed with scrolling tab and no waffle.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10681
    Rocker said:

chords D, C, G

D mixolydian

Like SHA :)

Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • AqmltdAqmltd Frets: 16
    What is SCOM?
  • vizviz Frets: 10681
    edited August 2020
    Aqmltd said:
    What is SCOM?

One of those Guns and Roses pieces - its full name is “Sweet Child O’ Mine” but it’s often shortened to SCOM. 
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • AqmltdAqmltd Frets: 16
    Merci beaucoup viz.