SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: GAP Pre-73 DLX - Studio Preamp

OrsomeWellsOrsomeWells Frets: 58
edited August 2020 in Studio & Rec £
SOLD

Standalone preamp capable of accepting microphone, line and instrument level inputs via XLR and 1/4" jack.

This is a relatively close copy of the classic Neve 1073 preamp at a fraction of the cost. It's a perfect front-end to add transformer saturation and "vintage warmth" to your recordings, especially when cranking the input gain and dialling back the output level.

The huge 80dB of input gain is more than enough for all common sources, even low-output ribbon and dynamic microphones which can often struggle with the 65-70dB of gain that most preamps offer.

The DI input is absolutely fantastic for warming up bass and piezo/acoustic signals, it's one of the best bass DI sounds I've heard.

If you're into a bit of DIY then these make excellent mod-platforms with most of the components and transformers easily replaceable with Carnhill and similar - you could spend another couple of hundred quid upgrading this to get really close to a vintage 1073 sound.

This is the MK1 model which is no longer available to purchase new.

User Guide & Spec:
https://www.fullcompass.com/common/files/23922-GoldenAgeProjectPRE73DLXManual.pdf

Please note: this unit has a fair bit of "rack rash" (it can be rack-mounted with an optional rack kit or probably in any half-width rack shelf) and some marks on a couple of the knobs - this isn't a case queen, but the performance of the unit is in no way affected.
The photos show the worst of it, but if you want any more photos please let me know. I have priced the unit to reflect this.

Includes PSU but I do not have the original packaging I'm afraid.

£190PPG
inc shipping

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom