I end up hating every song I play..

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• p90foolp90fool Frets: 31577
    I don't really suffer too much from this (some songs get boring after a while, others don't).  But somebody did say to me one time that most bands don't get their set really tight until they've played it so often they're a bit sick of it.  I'm not sure if this is true or not, but it's a slightly depressing thought if so.
    It really isn't depressing, it means you no longer have to think about playing the song at all, you can concentrate on performance, entertainment, audience members, band interplay, whatever. 

Having to think about the mechanics of a song in front of a great audience is tedious and distracting unless it's some kind of jazz improv gig - it's much more fun being able to just let rip and run around.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3839
    I can defo identify with that. By the time I've rehearsed a song a million times, I'm sick of it!
  • ewal said:
    I have never really tried to learn other people's songs, but exactly the same thing happens with songs I write.
    This.

I'm currently doing loads of practice in preparation for recording a bunch of original songs. 
    My thoughts keep circling between

1: I am bored
    2: These songs are shit
    3: I like this song
    4: I hate it and I'm bored with it.